Mona Lisa Smile (Reveal)

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
Last summer, when I was in the BV boutique in Carmel with Mousse one Saturday, I told my SA to call me if Mona Lisa ever arrived in either a pillow or a medium veneta. The call came Saturday. I am in love with this new bright color. It may have temporarily broken my obsession with gray.

All the photos were taken with my iPad, and none with flash. As usual with BV colors, it varies greatly depending upon the light. I love it in all its brightness outside, but the color accuracy in the middle photo is disappointing. IRL, it does not look that 'pinkish' outside in the sun. I also included one photo with my violet wallet next to it for comparison. (The wallet is very bright violet but doesn't she look blue next to her new sister?) The indoor photos are in natural light....no artificial lighting is on. I have loaded her up with my essentials and am taking her out for her maiden voyage today. (I do wish I could have gotten the outside photo more accurate...)

Attachments

NYCgirl

O.G.
Oct 29, 2006
Gorgeous!! Now I want something in this color. I was told they did a very limited run in Mons Lisa, which seems odd, considering how well liked Violet was.

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
diane278 - what an interesting color. I need to see this in person. I bet this is great with your complexion, and it goes well with gray, too :graucho:

Dec 17, 2013
What a gorgeous color! Another neutral I say. I wonder why BV rarely makes purple bags, so far the purples I have seen are all lovely.

Mousse

Boston Strong
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Silicon Valley
What a gorgeous reveal my friend! I'm wearing my BV violicious collection today including the tri color knot bracelet with Mona Lisa. Congrats on your new family addition.

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
diane278 - what an interesting color. I need to see this in person. I bet this is great with your complexion, and it goes well with gray, too :graucho:
Ohhhh....pretty! Bring her to our next BV meet :smile:))
What a gorgeous reveal my friend! I'm wearing my BV violicious collection today including the tri color knot bracelet with Mona Lisa. Congrats on your new family addition.
JBurgh - I am loving this bag more than I thought I would...and I also think it will work with my largely gray wardrobe.

jmvadon - I might just do that! I hope we all get together before another whole year goes by!

Mousse - It was your Mona Lisa knot bracelet that sent me down this path! Not sure if I should thank you or blame you!!!:yahoo:

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
Gorgeous!! Now I want something in this color. I was told they did a very limited run in Mons Lisa, which seems odd, considering how well liked Violet was.
very very pretty
Gorgeous.
What a gorgeous color! Another neutral I say. I wonder why BV rarely makes purple bags, so far the purples I have seen are all lovely.
I encourage all of you to jump on this bandwagon! I remember when I stalled out on purchasing the indigo, so I wasn't going to let that happen again.

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
Ah ha! It arrived! It's really really really pretty. I'm so glad to read you like it. How was the maiden outing?

This color has me quite fascinated. So much so that I called Carmel and consigned a couple of pieces in this color. I want to see what all it goes with in my wardrobe. And yes, you were no help in this matter nor you, M!!

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
Ah ha! It arrived! It's really really really pretty. I'm so glad to read you like it. How was the maiden outing?

This color has me quite fascinated. So much so that I called Carmel and consigned a couple of pieces in this color. I want to see what all it goes with in my wardrobe. And yes, you were no help in this matter nor you, M!!
Of course not! Being an enabler and trying to keep someone from indulging is a total contradiction in both theory and reality. Enabling is so much more fun!
I love Mona Lisa with navy and gray. Today I was helping a friend clean out and organize a closet. ML sat quietly by after a Starbucks run and waited patiently while we worked. I'd like to think that she was using her energy to soften up, as her past life stuffed with wadded up paper has left her a bit stiff at the moment. Of course, she could simply be emulating her middle aged mistress.... However, when it comes to color, she's a natural beauty.

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
.This color has me quite fascinated. So much so that I called Carmel and consigned a couple of pieces in this color. I want to see what all it goes with in my wardrobe. And yes, you were no help in this matter nor you, M!!
Hmm...What could those pieces be? I'd love to take a sneak peek at the content of that package coming from Carmel.
Yes, Grietje, we want info. At the very least, we want clues.... Come on....spill the beans!