Mon monogram speedy or speedy idylle?

gatchie

O.G.
Jul 5, 2009
Norway
I'm thinking of buying a new speedy for my 25th birthday this year along with a wallet and a bag charm. Then it will be a ban for a bit. I've narrowed my speedy choices down to two things: a mon mono or a speedy idylle.

So I wanted to hear from you idylle and mon mono owners out there? Pros and cons? Thoughts?

The only other monogram piece i have is a speedy b 30 and an emilie in red. I don't have anything from the idylle collection yet...

Here's the combo I want for mon mono:
image-2879860451.png

crumpy

Aug 2, 2010
Definitely idylle! I love mine. It is so comfy to wear, especially with the extra strap. I have one in encre and it is so pretty IMO.

Jun 21, 2010
Hmm.. too bad you can't send off your Speedy B to get the mon monogram...

In this case I would suggest you consider the NF in mon monogram since you already have a Speedy with a strap...

I love my Idylle Speedy but I wouldn't want a Speedy B as well unless it came out in Ebene and I definitely wouldn't want 2 mono Speedy 30s.

Dec 17, 2010
mon monogram, it's personalized! If you really don't like having two similar bags you could sell the speedy b.

stylishbebe

LVoe Affair 1010
May 5, 2009
U.K.
Hmm.. too bad you can't send off your Speedy B to get the mon monogram...

In this case I would suggest you consider the NF in mon monogram since you already have a Speedy with a strap...

I love my Idylle Speedy but I wouldn't want a Speedy B as well unless it came out in Ebene and I definitely wouldn't want 2 mono Speedy 30s.
:tup: ITA!

erica_cfu

Mar 11, 2011
Europe
I am not a fan of the idylle line. Although it is beautiful in all colous, for the money I prefer canvas to fabric. I am still trying to decide if I like mon mono but if I decided to go for it I would choose this exact colour combo!

Lushie

Sep 16, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I highly recommend the Idylle Speedy!

I have the Fusain and I absolutely LVoe it!

It's not as common as the mono Speedy and I love the multi-carry options, I'm been wearing mine cross-body style. It doesn't scream LV and looks very elegant.

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia
Mon Monogram. Its personalised, and its yours - since you can choose your own colours. Also, Idylle is not as durable as the canvas in the Mon Mono.

Heidiho

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
Since you already have a speedy b you should go for the Idylle. I have a Mon Mono that I love but I also have a Fusain Idylle that is awesome. It is my speedy for inclement weather bag. I really love how lightweight and worryfree it is.

shellan310

O.G.
Jul 6, 2008
I have the idylle speedy in fusain and just love it . Although, mon mono is also just as lovely I think you should choose idylle because you own the speedy B. Just a thought, you are young and I don't know if your married your initials may change. :P

gatchie

O.G.
Jul 5, 2009
Norway
Heidiho said:
Since you already have a speedy b you should go for the Idylle. I have a Mon Mono that I love but I also have a Fusain Idylle that is awesome. It is my speedy for inclement weather bag. I really love how lightweight and worryfree it is.
So the bag is ok to use when it's raining/snowing out? That's my issue with my speedy b... I baby the vachetta too much that I always go to my ebene pieces.

Gyioia

May 23, 2011
So the bag is ok to use when it's raining/snowing out? That's my issue with my speedy b... I baby the vachetta too much that I always go to my ebene pieces.

you can use idylle all year long ;)
what else do you have in your collection?