mon monogram speedy 30 question~

Aug 11, 2008
I love orange. Do you think it would look good on a mon mono speedy with the ivory/orange 50-50 stripes?
The personalization on the website makes it look bad, but i think this is how it will turn out (grooms coin purse)

np5fm1.jpg

i think it looks cute with light vachetta AND i think itll look good with dark vachetta..

or... should i get fuschia/ivory (50/50) or the bright blue/white (50/50)? i like the way these two look when they have light vachetta... but im not sure how it will look with dark.

and, if it helps, i want the speedy 30.:P

also: how much should i put down when im ordering the thing and how many weeks does it take? im confused and for my ONLY LV purchase for the rest of the year (i'm kind of migrating to chanel/bal)... i want to get something i can wear a lot during the summer

here is the actual orange on the mon monogram speedy:

attachment.php

does anyone like this orange/pink combo? or is it too trendy?

attachment.php

this is another example of the orange... i like it because its NEARLY a hermes orange (needs to be a bit brighter, but still). i think its cute but i would do the 50/50 stripe with the ivory letters. i feel like its very "different" so AGAIN im having second thoughts and just wanting to go with the pink/ivory or blue/white :sad:

OR...

should i get purple/ivory? which is another combo i love...

Last edited:
I think it would look good with the ivory/orange 50-50 stripes. I got the ivory/light blue 50-50 on my speedy 35 to and I love it. I ordered it on line and I had to pay for it all upfront. It took exactly 4 weeks. Louis vuitton customer service did call quite a bit and let me know status (which I thought was very nice) and even let me know when it would ship and when I would see the email tracking number. I am not sure if you have to pay for it up front in the store though.

I can't help since I like all the combos people posted in the Mon Mono thread in the clubhouse. Check out all the pictures. I do think the wide with 2 small stripes is nicer, especially after seeing the Groom Coin Purse. I'm not a fan of the Groom line. Don't think on it too much since there are soooo many combos. Get the colors you like the best.

Hello Katharine!

For one, I'm ecstatic that you're so excited to get a Mon Monogram piece. I'm actually from a flagship Louis Vuitton store and they are beautiful, beautiful pieces. It's so special to have a piece made specifically for you at our workshop in Asnieres, France!!!!

Traditionally, my clients have put down 30% for their Mon Monogram pieces or just pay the full 100% so they won't have to deal with it. Then when it arrives I either call them into the store or ship it out to their home.

As far as colors go, I would recommend the Orange & Fuschia. My client just recently received hers in those colors and absolutely loves it!!! It adds so much to her conservative wardrobe.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!?

-LVInsider

Let me get this straight to "LV Insider". Are you pretending to be an LV SA? If so, I've got some swamp land in Florida I'd love to sell. LOL!

I don't get it charleston-mom...are LV SAs not allowed on here? Or did something tip you off?

As for color choice, i've heard a lot of SAs recommend you get your favorite color with ivory....

Hi I am no help I love all combos look at mine in the clubhouse I chose gray ivory-well actually I told my mom neutrals. I wear all colors and I didnt want to think about matching.

I love the orange/ivory combo! I ordered my mon mono in mid-February, was updated with the status a week ago, and was told it would not be ready until late April. (I'm hoping it will come sooner!). I put 50% down at my local LV boutique when I ordered it. Have fun deciding on your final color choices!

I love Orange. The Ivorie will compliment it beautifully. I was thinking of doing Orange with Maroon.

I put 50% down for my bag and 3 weeks later I was charged the remainig 50%.

I love Orange. The Ivorie will compliment it beautifully. I was thinking of doing Orange with Maroon.

I put 50% down for my bag and 3 weeks later I was charged the remainig 50%.

This is the correct amount for the deposit. It's 50 percent, not 30. Glad you cleared that up since there was some incorrect info on that earlier in this thread. LOL! I like the orange too!