Mon Monogram....Just a Thought.......

PurseHorse

***Speedy Freak***
O.G.
Feb 12, 2007
I would guess that if you had a LV item personalized you are making a commitment for life. It kind of limits the reselling value if say, a few years down the road, for whatever reason, wanted to sell the piece.

Has anyone ever sold a monogrammed piece with your own initials on it?

it depends really, I'm actually thinking of keeping all my bags down the track and possibly passing it down to my daughter on day. I think it'll be really hard to sell a piece with your initials on it, but by chance you may encounter someone with same initials and be wanting to purchase a piece?

I think it would be pretty hard to sell something with your initials on it. It seems like it would have to be really good luck that someone happens to have the same initials.

I think Mon Mono is the kind of bag you keep and pass down to daughters, etc.

I don't have my mon monogram yet (ordered it in February), but it will be one LV that stays with me for life. I don't have any daughters to pass it on to, but I when I am gone I hope my son keeps it as a reminder of how much fun I had with my handbag collection. (Over the years, the poor boy has had to stop in one too many LV boutiques with me "just for a minute".)

I've never sold any of my bags so far and I don't think I ever will (can't say for sure though :P).

But I don't think people who get the Mon Mono would consider the resell value because it's personal and special, and to be kept by the owner. I'm thinking of ordering one with my and DF's initials on it, would definitely keep it :biggrin:

A mon mono is definitely not a bag I would order if I thought at some point I was going to sell it, I just don't see how you could, even if it only had one initial. I'm not sure if you can do this, but maybe you can just get the stripes without the initials? If you are thinking about this bag and aren't sure if you would keep it forever or night, maybe that's an option?

If I think about selling something that I haven't even bought yet, then why buy it in the first place? :greengrin: LOL I think the Mon Mono is the type of bag you just use, love, & admire - sort of like a tribute to your LV love ;)

A mon mono is definitely not a bag I would order if I thought at some point I was going to sell it, I just don't see how you could, even if it only had one initial. I'm not sure if you can do this, but maybe you can just get the stripes without the initials? If you are thinking about this bag and aren't sure if you would keep it forever or night, maybe that's an option?

I've seen one or two with numbers instead of initials, like someones lucky number.... Thant might be more easy for someone else to live with as they can just "adopt" the numbers...

I buy cars & houses with resale value in mind, not bags. Those I buy for me to carry. There is a market for any & everything. People will sell anything and people will buy anything. I've seen Mon Mono bags for sale on eBay & resale sites.