Mon Monogram....Just a Thought.......

I agree, I think of these as investment bags that I'll use for many, many years with no intention of selling. As far as the Mon Mono bags go, I would only do it on luggage pieces myself. In that case I'd use my last initial so my daughter could enjoy it as well.

And I agree with gre8dane - I've already seen monogrammed pieces for sale. I suppose there's always the chance someone would want it! :smile:

If I think about selling something that I haven't even bought yet, then why buy it in the first place? :greengrin: LOL I think the Mon Mono is the type of bag you just use, love, & admire - sort of like a tribute to your LV love ;)

There are some people who like to buy the "it" bag of the season, knowing that in a year or so, that they will be ready to upgrade to something else. Like gre8dane said, there's a market for everything. Different strokes for different folks.

Now, the mon monogram, obviously would be an exception, due to the personlization.

OP - I have considered that when I have purchased bags, but it's not at the forefront of my decision making.

I would keep a mon mono forever, for sentimental reasons if nothing else. The speedy isn't that expensive, and it's darling. I'm thinking about fuschia and green - to go with Lily Pulitizer things.

This is exactly why I don't buy a mon mono. I do buy LV because it can last a life time HOWEVER my taste seems to change and I do tend to let bags go. You would have to be really secure in your decision to buy a mon mono.

i would not have my mono on my LV. i too purchased with the intent to keep it forever, for over 30 years. but when i moved to a smaller home (semi-retired) i decided to sell and free up closet space. also as you age and get arthritis, carpal tunnel etc. you will find some of the heavier bags a burden to carry. so i sold a bunch and bought some new ones, what a joy! i had a blast at the LV store. sending off those old bags was a bit painful at first, but i got over it really fast.

I sold a vernis french wallet/purse w/ my initials in it back a few years ago... and although it did sell during my first attempt, I had to sell it for a little less than I should have.