Mon Monogram Help/Opinions! :D

gypsiemagic

Jul 18, 2012
So for my graduation in May, I really want to get a Mon Monogram piece, I haven't yet 100% decided on which bag (or wallet, see still so indecisive)

But I think picking the right monogram is the more important bit, and I want to know if you think either of them is a little tacky.

The pink and cream are my initials, and I think the prettiest colors

The blue and gold is obviously my school, which conveniently has a three letter nickname, it seems like it was meant to be, but I am leaving school so I'm not sure how practical it would be in the real world.

I guess a third option would to do my initials in the blue and gold?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 1.29.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 1.29.00 PM.png
    442.2 KB · Views: 574
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 1.29.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 1.29.07 PM.png
    387.8 KB · Views: 495
are you graduating from college? How connected are you to it?

I personally would go with the first, your initials in pink and cream. BUT if you want to give it meaning, then I would go with your initials in your school colors ONLY if you really like that color combo.

I am not so fond a bag monogramed with just your school's initials...then again, that's just me. :smile:

The great thing about mon mono is you get to do what YOU want with it. Go with what sings best to you!

But since you asked, lol, my vote is the pink and cream with your initials. :smile:

The pink is prettier! It will feel more personal with your intials.

(The CAL bag would be easier to sell if you ever grew out of it, but you don't want to buy a mon mono thinking about selling it because regardless you'll take a big loss.)

Yeah, a monogrammed bag period, is not one that you buy planning to sell. Therefore, you will totally date youself by putting college initals on it. Can you see yourself at 35 or 40 carrying a school monogrammed bag? College is fun, but in the scheme of your life, it is just a blip. You can still root for your school and support it as an alumni, but putting it on an expensive designer bag is a little much. A monogrammed LV is really a bag for life, so make sure it is classy and *classic* :smile:

I actually like the idea of your own initials with the school colors. To be perfectly honest I don't love mon mono with pink as its a little too girly for me. Then again, this isn't my mon mono and you have to absolutely love it! The only thing I really wouldn't do is use your school's initials. I think that will get old fast for you, and I don't think it's as special as putting your own initials.

The luster for your school only fades depending on where you went to school. Texas Longhorns never out grow their school. The saying "I bleed orange" is quite common. Cali folks aren't as die hard as folks in Texas!! :P

(I still think you should get pink though lol)