Mon Monogram Dilemma-- TPF Please vote!! Need to decide today

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyseven01

Member
Nov 26, 2012
1,417
86
Hello All,

This is a long one, but please bear with me. I need your advice!

I have a dilemma. For years, I was going back and forth about whether or not I wanted a mon monogram piece. While I would not call myself ultra-private, I do like to be discrete with personal information, so I was on the fence about a monogrammed bag because it shows the world my initials.

After seeing many, many reveals here (of lovely mon mono pieces), I decided I did want to get one after all because I like the idea of having and LV that was made just for me. Picked my colors and everything!

I recently decided to pull the trigger with a mon mono speedy 35 (reveals from people like Queen Maria and glamorioustasha really sealed thed deal for me). A couple of days before I was about to order the bag, I heard that there would be a launch of the speedy b in mon mono and that changed the game. I dont own a speedy b, but I do own a regular speedy so I thought maybe the speedy b mon mono would be the right thing to get to avoid repetition in my collection.

After getting excited about the speedy b, I heard that the information was wrong and that it would only release in Asia and maybe Europe thereafter (was on phone with 866 for like 20 mins). With that, i decided to go ahead and get the regular speedy 35 in mon mono before the 2/18 price increase.

Over the weekend, I was in the store and randomly decided to try on the speedy b (never had before). The store had super low inventory and did not have the 35 or 30 in mono. They brought me the 25 in mono for show and the 30 in DE. SUPRISINGLY, I LOVED the speedy b mono in 25. I never imagined getting a 25 (seems so small). I LVOE the 25 in speedy b though. It is darling.

Well, that brings me to today. My SA called and said that the Speedy B IS going to be released in mon mono in the USA as early as the end of this month or March. At this point, I tell you, I don't know what to believe. The guy I talked to at 866 told me he was 1000% positive that it wasnt coming to the USA anytime soon and he had talked to a "supply chain manager."

So here are my choices. Please weigh in on what I should do. By the way, I am giving up luxury bags and TPF for lent, so I need to decide today. I know, I know. I am bad for making one last purchase, but it is Fat Tuesday. Lol. TIA!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

1) wait for speedy b in mon mono at all costs
2) order regular speedy 35 in mon mono today before 2/18 price increase and think about getting the speedy b 25 at some later point
3) buy regular speedy b 25 today before price increase because it is just so cute and wait and see on mon mono options later
4) buy nothing and deal with future price increases because there are too many unknowns and I could end up with something I dont want
 

autumn2187

Member
Jan 14, 2010
2,071
1
Southern CA
I would go with option four for now. By the way that would be awesome if a mon mono speedy b would be released. Good Luck with your decision!
 

axcarter

LV LaLa Land
Aug 9, 2012
3,335
62
U.S.A
I would go with option four for now. By the way that would be awesome if a mon mono speedy b would be released. Good Luck with your decision!
Agree. You sound really undecided about everything and even though you may end up w/ all of them later, right now you may be unhappy w/ the order of the purchases. Compared to a couple years ago, we're all paying insane price increases right now so don't look at it like that. I think the price increases are clouding some people's judgement. Just continue to save and one day when you know for certain which one to get next, you'll feel much better and happier!! Good luck!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.