Moms- what would you have done?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don’t have kids, but I honestly want to know what parents with kids would have done in this situation.

Today I took my dogs to a local park to do some scent detection practice. I stay far far away from the playground area and the picnic tables so as not to disturb parents who have come to the park to let their kids play.

As I was walking back to my car, I saw a woman, probably 30 ish, and her young child, maybe 4, in the playground area with a large off leash dog that she was allowing to run at will all around the playground. The park rules state all dogs must be on leash of course! But I guess she’s an entitled person.

I thought- how would someone feel if they showed up and saw this large dog not on lead running around where they wanted to take their child to play?

So, as a parent would you have left, asked the woman to leash the dog, or just crossed your fingers that the dog was not going to react to anything and it was safe?

2. I would ask the person to leash their dog and if they didn’t I would leave. I work in insurance and unfortunately I have seen even the best dogs get spooked and do some serious damage. You can never be too safe with dogs and children.

ChanelMommy, Irishgal and snibor like this.