Mombassa horn handle bag owners pls help

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was wondering if the metal plate on top of the handle is engraved w/"YSL" on all of them or only certain years/model? TIA

2. I think the newer ones are engraved and the older ones are not. But I'm not sure about the years.

3. Hello,

I have about 8 or 9 YSL Mombasa bags (I think more, but around that...haha) and some seem to have the metal top piece engraved with YSL and others don't. For example, I have a couple of the smaller Mombasa's (two of them I purchased at the same time) and one is engraved with YSL and the other isn't.

I sincerely hope this helps! best wishes, BeautifulBasics:flowers:

4. Thanks for all of your help!!!I noticed that the ones I have seen lately have the engraving. It got me thinking, is mine fake (mine was a gift from an ex)?!!

5. I havent looked at mine recently but from memory I dont think mine is engraved.

6. Mine is not engraved but is about three, four years old.

7. WOW!!! 8 or 9?! I am totally impressed!! Must be some collection! :drool:

Anne

8. Mine is engraved (I bought it in Dec 2005)

9. I agree with the others -- the older ones aren't engraved.

10. mine is engraved with YSL i got it 2 yrs ago and its still one of the bags that i dont want to let go i just find it so unique with the deer horn handle i mean no other bag has this design

11. Mine is engrave. I got it in December 2007.

12. Mine are from Tom Ford era (see Photos) --- and they are all engraved. I purchased them at YSL (Belliago) in Vegas and Neiman Marcus in Atlanta.

Attached Files:

13. mine is engraved..bought it 3 years ago..