Mombassa horn handle bag owners pls help

twigski

O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
I was wondering if the metal plate on top of the handle is engraved w/"YSL" on all of them or only certain years/model? TIA

fauxfu09

Nov 1, 2006
I think the newer ones are engraved and the older ones are not. But I'm not sure about the years.

Apr 14, 2007
Arizona, USA
Hello,

I have about 8 or 9 YSL Mombasa bags (I think more, but around that...haha) and some seem to have the metal top piece engraved with YSL and others don't. For example, I have a couple of the smaller Mombasa's (two of them I purchased at the same time) and one is engraved with YSL and the other isn't.

I sincerely hope this helps! best wishes, BeautifulBasics:flowers:

twigski

O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
Thanks for all of your help!!!I noticed that the ones I have seen lately have the engraving. It got me thinking, is mine fake (mine was a gift from an ex)?!!

Jan 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hello,

I have about 8 or 9 YSL Mombasa bags (I think more, but around that...haha) and some seem to have the metal top piece engraved with YSL and others don't. For example, I have a couple of the smaller Mombasa's (two of them I purchased at the same time) and one is engraved with YSL and the other isn't.

I sincerely hope this helps! best wishes, BeautifulBasics:flowers:

WOW!!! 8 or 9?! I am totally impressed!! Must be some collection! :drool:

Anne

kaka

Stay Positivo!
O.G.
Apr 17, 2006
mine is engraved with YSL i got it 2 yrs ago and its still one of the bags that i dont want to let go i just find it so unique with the deer horn handle i mean no other bag has this design