Mom and Son and Hermès: same order history?

GVL

Feb 20, 2012
Hello!

I have kind of a "special question" for "Hermès relations experts"... One year ago, my mom has bought for me some accessories and a Kelly Double tour bracelet. The beginning of a H love story.

Last month, when I bought my very first own Hermès bag, the SA asked me my name. I gave her mine and then told her: "maybe you already have my Mom's infos in your data bank", so she did the invoice with my Mom's account. I'm very close to her — we live together, and I don't need invoices with my own surname. On a one hand, the more we buy with this one "Hermès account" the more we will get (am I right?), on the other hand, will I be able to order my own Haut À Courroies even if my Mom has already wishes on a waiting list and her own special order? What do you think? Can I continue to add my purchases in our grouped "order history" with my Mom's name and have my own special orders, or do I have to build my own "order history" to get my own advantages and start again at zero with the Herbag Zip 39 I'll buy next week? We think that one "big" account will be more remarkable than two "normal" ones, and we are used to grouping our buyings everywhere we go. FYI, we live in Paris so we go to FSH and Sèvres.

I know it's a non-important detail, but I think it can change everything with the relation we are building with Hermès and our SAs... And the opportunities we'll get in the future!

Thank you buddies! :hugs:

Last edited:
Hello!

I have kind of a "special question" for "Hermès relations experts"... One year ago, my mom has bought for me some accessories and a Kelly Double tour bracelet. The beginning of a H love story.

Last month, when I bought my very first own Hermès bag, the SA asked me my name. I gave her mine and then told her: "maybe you already have my Mom's infos in your data bank", so she did the invoice with my Mom's account. I'm very close to her — we live together, and I don't need invoices with my own surname. On a one hand, the more we buy with this one "Hermès account" the more we will get (am I right?), on the other hand, will I be able to order my own Haut À Courroies even if my Mom has already wishes on a waiting list and her own special order? What do you think? Can I continue to add my purchases in our grouped "order history" with my Mom's name and have my own special orders, or do I have to build my own "order history" to get my own advantages and start again at zero with the Herbag Zip 39 I'll buy next week? We think that one "big" account will be more remarkable than two "normal" ones, and we are used to grouping our buyings everywhere we go. FYI, we live in Paris so we go to FSH and Sèvres.

I know it's a non-important detail, but I think it can change everything with the relation we are building with Hermès and our SAs... And the opportunities we'll get in the future!

I've learned that there's no hard and fast rule with H. If you and your mom have a good enough relationship with the SM, maybe they can let you do your own SO but I think under normal circumstances, probably not. I say this because my SA makes it very clear that he is keeping one account for me and DH and that he wants to use the same name that's already on record for future purchases.

I think the rules are different for every store but where I am, they are pretty strict. My DH buys stuff for me all the time but his account and my account cannot be combined for some reason.

I also think if you want to do a Special Order and your mom wants one too at the same time, you are limited because of the restrictions per account. That being said, I don't know if rules are different for VIP's (I'm certainly nowhere near) so if you have a good relationship with the store managers and "VIP" status then it might change things.

However, it is always good to have our own account separate from your mom's in case you ever move out of Paris and start frequenting another store. I do think it's nice to start building your own account early on - I don't think you will regret it later on.

I've learned that there's no hard and fast rule with H. If you and your mom have a good enough relationship with the SM, maybe they can let you do your own SO but I think under normal circumstances, probably not. I say this because my SA makes it very clear that he is keeping one account for me and DH and that he wants to use the same name that's already on record for future purchases.

Yeah, no clear rule, so that's pretty confusing... I don't even know the SM yet, haha. So you and your DH are sharing the same account?

I think the rules are different for every store but where I am, they are pretty strict. My DH buys stuff for me all the time but his account and my account cannot be combined for some reason.

I also think if you want to do a Special Order and your mom wants one too at the same time, you are limited because of the restrictions per account. That being said, I don't know if rules are different for VIP's (I'm certainly nowhere near) so if you have a good relationship with the store managers and "VIP" status then it might change things.

However, it is always good to have our own account separate from your mom's in case you ever move out of Paris and start frequenting another store. I do think it's nice to start building your own account early on - I don't think you will regret it later on.

You're right, but I'm afraid of not buying too much things on my own (separated from Mom) to be "VIP" and then be able to do orders and all... And I feel bad to begin again with a Herbag, haha. I'm telling myself: "If you have your own account you will buy and buy and b... an island". :roflmfao: Haaa, guys and their Mom, pretty complicated, haha.

Hermes at FSH can actually opened a family account. I am not actually sure if this is offered to everyone (or maybe this is already done to you + your mom?)

Just like you, my mother was responsible for my love of H. After so many years shopping at the same store (FSH+Sevres) I can convincingly say treatment is a lot better when mom is present and more stuffs to be made available out of nowhere. And our account is combined.

In regards of SO, they can do it separately for you and charged under one account (as both has to be present to do an SO anyway so you cant cheat your way out of this). There are 5 of us under one account at FSH and we combined all our tax refunds into store credit so this is the main advantage that I can see for non-EU residents.

As for 'advantages' of buying certain bags, I always think H always give more flexibility to local clients with local address more than visitors (not just FSH but every location). So I am sure it wont be much of a problem for you :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hermes at FSH can actually opened a family account. I am not actually sure if this is offered to everyone (or maybe this is already done to you + your mom?)

Just like you, my mother was responsible for my love of H. After so many years shopping at the same store (FSH+Sevres) I can convincingly say treatment is a lot better when mom is present and more stuffs to be made available out of nowhere. And our account is combined.

In regards of SO, they can do it separately for you and charged under one account (as both has to be present to do an SO anyway so you cant cheat your way out of this). There are 5 of us under one account at FSH and we combined all our tax refunds into store credit so this is the main advantage that I can see for non-EU residents.

As for 'advantages' of buying certain bags, I always think H always give more flexibility to local clients with local address more than visitors (not just FSH but every location). So I am sure it wont be much of a problem for you :smile:

It seems like we're living the same "mother protect thing", haha. Thank you, next week I'll ask if we can have a shared family account for all off our buyings (gifs to herself, gifts to myself and gifts to each other, it would be kind of difficult to choose between two accounts!)... Local clients don't seem to have proper SAs in Paris, that's weird. Or maybe we're not ready/VIPs, haha. We have our SA in Lyon but no one in Paris. How is yours?

It seems like we're living the same "mother protect thing", haha. Thank you, next week I'll ask if we can have a shared family account for all off our buyings (gifs to herself, gifts to myself and gifts to each other, it would be kind of difficult to choose between two accounts!)... Local clients don't seem to have proper SAs in Paris, that's weird. Or maybe we're not ready/VIPs, haha. We have our SA in Lyon but no one in Paris. How is yours?
In fact I think it's better to combine as it's easier to do SO for first time if they recognise your mom as 'family introduction' is highly valued at H.

I dont think there is a specific SA for locals in Paris but as long as you stick to one along the way you should be fine (staff turnover in Sevres is lower than FSH tho)

Yeah, no clear rule, so that's pretty confusing... I don't even know the SM yet, haha. So you and your DH are sharing the same account?

Yes, we are sharing the same account. We are pretty much joined at the hip though; you rarely see one without the other so it makes no difference to us.

I see that anonserg has a bit more insight and personal experience with your situation - hope it works out!

Hello!

from what I was told for my SO birkin the bag must be paid with a card with my name on it. so if they do allow you to place a SO you might need to get your mom to pay for it.

from what I was told for my SO birkin the bag must be paid with a card with my name on it. so if they do allow you to place a SO you might need to get your mom to pay for it.

She would have to pay for my special order, what a pity... :graucho: :graucho: :graucho:

Yes, we are sharing the same account. We are pretty much joined at the hip though; you rarely see one without the other so it makes no difference to us.

I see that anonserg has a bit more insight and personal experience with your situation - hope it works out!

Actually, we've asked my Mom's SA to add my name to her account. So now our invoices are all edited with: Mr. & Mrs. OUR_SURNAME My_name & Her_name. :roflmfao:

In fact I think it's better to combine as it's easier to do SO for first time if they recognise your mom as 'family introduction' is highly valued at H.

I dont think there is a specific SA for locals in Paris but as long as you stick to one along the way you should be fine (staff turnover in Sevres is lower than FSH tho)

Now I've my SA in FSH, ouf! :roflmfao: