Molly or Rory?

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
NC
I have a tourmaline Molly and love it. I want a black bag and am contemplating the Molly and Rory. Which do you like better and why? I love the looks of both, but don't want the Rory to seem huge. I'm 5'3" and a size 8. Thanks!

katierose

Loves Charms & Bags
O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
California
No preference from anyone?
I would say the deciding factor would be the size.
I have both, love them both, but I consider the Rory more like a tote since it's so large.
It can get pretty heavy too, it's so easy to load up these big bags.

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
NC
My personal preference is Molly. I found Rory to be too cumbersome for me. I'm 5'7".
Thank you both for the input! I just cannot decide between the 2. Rory seems like it would be pretty large but the slouch seems to make it less bulky looking. I also have an east west duffle and love that bag, so the Molly might be a better match for me. I've just admired the Rory bags for so long that I thought I should consider it.

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
NC
I would say the deciding factor would be the size.
I have both, love them both, but I consider the Rory more like a tote since it's so large.
It can get pretty heavy too, it's so easy to load up these big bags.
Really good points. I don't typically like tote type bags for everyday, but the Rory seems different somehow. Maybe because of the long strap.

Alexa5

Nov 2, 2011
One thing I have learned is that every time I worried a bag would be too big, it typically ended up being so, and I wished I had listened to my gut. A couple of them were ebay buys at a good price, but it was a waste of money in the end because they just were too large for my needs.

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
NC
Such helpful input ladies - thank you. I think I may trust my gut and go with Molly. I like to try different styles but since I know I love Molly's looks and functionality, I will be happy with that one! I don't typically carry a bunch of stuff back and forth from work, so the Rory might be overkill as far as size. But wow it's pretty. :smile:

Mariquel

O.G.
Jun 23, 2008
I love the looks of the Rory on other people but I'm 5'3" also, and short-waisted on top of that, so those North-South bags just don't look becoming on me. They might look good on you if you're not short-waisted. I have a Molly that works a lot better for me.

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
NC
I love the looks of the Rory on other people but I'm 5'3" also, and short-waisted on top of that, so those North-South bags just don't look becoming on me. They might look good on you if you're not short-waisted. I have a Molly that works a lot better for me.

I'm not short waisted but like you I think the north south bags look better on taller people. Thanks!

Caspin22

Hopelessly addicted
Mar 1, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I have, and absolutely love, both Molly and Rory, but they're so different. Molly is a boxy satchel. Rory is a slouchy, puddly gorgeous mess. I carry Rory as a shoulder bag with the longer strap and she squishes down to a perfect size for me. Molly doesn't work as well with the shoulder strap, for me, because she slouches weird at the top.

I don't worry about how a bag "looks on me". If someone is looking at me making judgments about whether my bag is too big/too small/too bright, etc, they probably need a new hobby. :smile: Some people like big bags and others like small, it's a personal preference, so use what feels right for you.

For the record, I'm 5'1", extremely short waisted with huge boobs, so everything probably looks weird on me. I don't much care. :smile:

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
NC
I have, and absolutely love, both Molly and Rory, but they're so different. Molly is a boxy satchel. Rory is a slouchy, puddly gorgeous mess. I carry Rory as a shoulder bag with the longer strap and she squishes down to a perfect size for me. Molly doesn't work as well with the shoulder strap, for me, because she slouches weird at the top.

I don't worry about how a bag "looks on me". If someone is looking at me making judgments about whether my bag is too big/too small/too bright, etc, they probably need a new hobby. :smile: Some people like big bags and others like small, it's a personal preference, so use what feels right for you.

For the record, I'm 5'1", extremely short waisted with huge boobs, so everything probably looks weird on me. I don't much care. :smile:

I love this! I have no cares about what others think of how a bag looks on me either. I just don't want rory to be too big to be useful when I'm carrying my daily stuff. I have a legacy duffle that I don't use much but I don't consider it huge - just bigger than I need on a regular basis. It's also white, so that's part of why I don't use it much.