Mold problem in Singapore.

princessping

Jun 26, 2012
I'm having this mold problem in Singapore.
It keeps coming back.

I stored them sometime in the dustbag and Once awhile air them to breathe.

However, this mold problem seems to come and go.

Anyone in Asia countries experiencing this?

Kindly share tips to solve this problem.

Hi. I'm in the same boat. Look at my LV delightful :
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1437836434.484710.jpg

The SA at LV Ion said the strap can't be repaired/cleaned. She also advised that it's best to just hang the bags out instead of in the cupboard.

Thankfully this is my only bag that has suffered such a terrible fate! I have 2 Prada bags that also get mouldy but these can be easily wiped clean and the stains would be gone. So far the Chanels are spared.

Sorry I'm not much help. Looking forward to tips too.

Seriously. The part that got mold is mainly the inner of the flap. Because it is dark.

I'm thinking whether I can put the silica gel in the bag ?

But I heard of scary stories that the bag got chemical reactions with the bag and ....

Any idea ?

What are the horrible stories of putting silica gel in the bags? I do put it in my bags to remove the moisture. I live in Singapore too. I store my bag in their dust bags, in my cupboard and take them out to air for a day or two occasionally. No moulding issues as of now. Do post photos of your moulding bags too!

Usually having the aircon on at night helps a lot. I haven't had mold problem as long as I had the aircon on at night. It keeps the humidity down to around 60, which seems good enough for the bags. Keeping them in just their dustbags are also good, keeps the leather breathable.

i purchase those bags of silica gels but i place it in the cupboard with my bags, not directly inside my bags. So far it has been working well.

Also, SA from LV told me not to leave my bag in the dust bag so as to allow it to breath.. so i store the dust bags separately. Hope it helps.

Hi, I'm from sg too. I am facing the same problem for a long time. My chanel bag turn moldy often and I saw some white furry spot on the edge of the bag as well. I needed to use soft brush to brush that away but it will come back again. I spoke to my chanel SA but each gave me diff ans. I store mine in those glass cabinet from ikea with 4 tier.

I tried a few methods to prevent the mold but it still happened. I turn on my aircon everyday and I air it once a month by putting it in front on my fan for whole day (fan method was advised by one of my chanel SA).

My regular SA warned me never put thirsty hippo or silica pack as it will dry out the moisture on the leather. It will show some sign of crack sooner or later. This freak me out. However, I am lost of ways to prevent the mold so I go ahead tried the thirsty hippo. After 1 weeks, I am not sure if I'm paranoid, I felt the calf skin flap looks dry and no shine so I took out the thirsty hippo. Anyway, from the water level in my thirsty hippo, I don't feel high humidity in the cabinet as I don't really see any droplet or water form in the thirsty hippo container. So I decided to skip this method coz I'm too scared anything will happened to the leather.

I read online to store in the dustbag and stuff paper inside the flap so that the paper will absorb the moisture. The dustbag will helps to prevent mold as well (can't remember the theory behind this). I tried but mold came back after 2 months. So I skip this method again lol

I spoke to another chanel SA, he told me not to on the air con and left my cabinet door open just to air the chanel bag because once I turn off the aircon after.. the humidity will set in to create mold. His theory was hot and cold contrast environment in the room will result in mold. In sg, once we off the aircon, our room can be quite warm after a short while. Sounds like a science lesson lol

I am sick of taking care of my chanel bag and the mold still coming back. My friend told me the best way to prevent mold is to use it often. Well, seems like this is the only way perhaps? Pls share with me if you find a good tips. I am getting frustrated taking care of my chanel. Lol

Another of my best SA gave me a valuable suggestions which is kind of funny. She said I only hv one shoulder, I don't need so many bags! Just buy 2 and rotate using them then I don't have to maintain other chanel in the cabinet! Hahaha

Reactions: Shanneo