Mojave Scarf

chezmadame

O.G.
Oct 18, 2009
I kept looking at myself in the mirror trying to figure out why this scarf was so dreadfully wrong and impossible to wear. Then it hit me.

The Mojave scarf is advertised as being 6" x 60".
http://haydenharnett.com/index.cgi?...arnett.com/index.cgi?action=apparel&page1=ALL

I measured mine...it's actually 12" x 81". No wonder it looks like a table runner and is impossible to wear as a scarf.

Even though mine is "non return" item, I'm calling CS on Monday. Benoni should have rejected the shipment, rather than try to make money (or recoup losses) by sticking their customers with an obvious mistake.

The fix I suggested on another thread (cut 18 inches of length from the middle; sew the two long pieces back together; fold in half lengthwise and sew the edges together) would actually make the scarf THE SIZE IT IS ADVERTISED AS BEING.

They should really reconsider the move they made to a different factory. Chez, I would bring that up. Obviously, the new factory has some major issues (the Corinne necklace was also WAY off from what it was supposed to be in length) when it comes to measurements, quality control, etc. Everyone remember what happened with the Sophie wallet? The inside CC measurements were completely off on the first shipment back in October of 2009, and they all had to be sent back for revisions. What about all of the peelie leathers AND the miscalculation in the leather width/specifications on the Ramones that were impossible to buckle?

Please call them. Since you've met Benoni, maybe they will listen to you???

Teacher voice. :smile: Do you think it was made to be folded in half and sewn along the seam? Seems one way of making the scarf double sided.

I've got this wayward scarf on its way to me, too, and I already have imagined the earful I'd like to give HH. From what I've read on the various threads here, it was grossly misrepresented. From the clever photography hiding that it's one-sided to the wrong dimensions stated. $22.50 may not be a lot of money, but it's my money! That $22.50 makes a difference in my wallet, no matter how much I'm willing to splurge on other items.

GRRRRRR...

Do you think it was made to be folded in half and sewn along the seam? Seems one way of making the scarf double sided.

I'm not sure because I think the double thickness of this already coarse fabric isn't going to help with the tying/draping.

I'm thinking that something got lost in translation (or perhaps in the conversion of inches to centimeters) between HH and the factory.

If you look at the sales page on the HH website, and zoom in on the pictures, you can see that the scarf is folded lengthwise and that only one side has the chevron print.

Attachments

• front_zoom.jpg
    front_zoom.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 122
I didn't order this scarf, but maybe all that did should call(and email) and leave the exact message(most likely won't get a live person) of disappointment and what is felt should be appropriate compensation.:shrugs:

I didn't order this scarf, but maybe all that did should call(and email) and leave the exact message(most likely won't get a live person) of disappointment and what is felt should be appropriate compensation.:shrugs:

I would love to do something like this; Alternatively, we could leave comments on the item page on the HH website or on FB.

I would love to do an "intervention" letter ...you know, a wakeup call from a loyal customer base that loves their design vision, but has really had it with their business practices.