Moisturizing Bal bags

traveler727

Dec 12, 2012
Hi, This is my Balenciaga First in Cassis. I adore this bag, but I feel like it looks a little thirsty. I've scoured the forums for info on how to moisturize a Balenciaga bag and it seems like that is a bad idea, especially when the bag is not a dark color. I just thought I'd post this to get some opinions on this and some clearer information. Thanks for your help!bal_cassis.jpg bal_cassis2.jpg

Have you looked in the Care and Maintenance subforum? There is a lot of information in the thread called "Moisturizing your Balenciaga": https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/moisturizing-your-balenciaga.144219/

Ultimately you have to review and consolidate the various advice you see and make your own decision about whether to moisturize and with what. I haven't had any issues with using Apple Conditioner and LMB products for Bal. I also have Leather Honey but it scares me a bit and so I have only used it on one bag - nothing bad happened but it also didn't really help the dryness despite a couple of coats.

Your bag is a lovely color. :smile:

Have you looked in the Care and Maintenance subforum? There is a lot of information in the thread called "Moisturizing your Balenciaga": https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/moisturizing-your-balenciaga.144219/

Ultimately you have to review and consolidate the various advice you see and make your own decision about whether to moisturize and with what. I haven't had any issues with using Apple Conditioner and LMB products for Bal. I also have Leather Honey but it scares me a bit and so I have only used it on one bag - nothing bad happened but it also didn't really help the dryness despite a couple of coats.

Your bag is a lovely color. :smile:
Hi, This is my Balenciaga First in Cassis. I adore this bag, but I feel like it looks a little thirsty. I've scoured the forums for info on how to moisturize a Balenciaga bag and it seems like that is a bad idea, especially when the bag is not a dark color. I just thought I'd post this to get some opinions on this and some clearer information. Thanks for your help!View attachment 3587369 View attachment 3587371

Keep in mind that Bal started putting on a protectant coat around that time (2012). Not sure if you can actually get through that coat to moisturize. Just a theory, maybe someone else can comment.