MODS PLEASE KINDLY DELETE THIS POST *reporting harmful content online

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you're really trying to figure this out. I think you should definitely research the official website and do some google searches. Read for yourself. VCA does not have to be for everybody. There are plenty of people on TPF that probably do not prefer VCA, and that is fine. They make beautiful pieces and do excellent work, but maybe just not to your taste or to your standards. Sometimes, a person's individual body chemistry can react to certain combinations of metals. Just because it has not happened before does not mean it cannot happen ever. When I was younger, I had piercings that did not heal even when I wore 24k gold. How does that make sense? So who can say definitively. I would let it go and move on. It's ok.

I don’t understand. How did you “compare” them? Did you test it? Did you weigh it? Or did you just put it next to your Cartier chain and note that they looked different (despite the fact that there are COUNTLESS ways a gold chain can be designed, cut and polished). I’m not sure why you’re out here implying that they’re triggering your allergic reactions with their shoddy alloys, or that their chains are plated, or that they may even be *plastic*. VCA is a luxury brand for god’s sake! Do you hear yourself? Are we being trolled?

I don’t understand. How did you “compare” them? Did you test it? Did you weigh it? Or did you just put it next to your Cartier chain and note that they looked different (despite the fact that there are COUNTLESS ways a gold chain can be designed, cut and polished). I’m not sure why you’re out here implying that they’re triggering your allergic reactions with their shoddy alloys, or that their chains are plated, or that they may even be *plastic*. VCA is a luxury brand for god’s sake! Do you hear yourself? Are we being trolled?

Its so weird how it’s being scrutinized. OP purchases a single motif Alhambra pendant which is beautifully made btw and is examining it like it’s a Liane or Zip necklace. Its a simple clover piece thats all……what do you expect for $2500 in fine jewelry.

Its so weird how it’s being scrutinized. OP purchases a single motif Alhambra pendant which is beautifully made btw and is examining it like it’s a Liane or Zip necklace. Its a simple clover piece thats all……what do you expect for $2500 in fine jewelry.

I’m still trying to figure out how a gold chain can feel like plastic, as referenced in one of the other posts.

I’m still trying to figure out how a gold chain can feel like plastic, as referenced in one of the other posts.
It's not solid gold. I called the customer service line it is 75% yellow gold, 12.5% silver, and 12.5% copper. I don't understand what is wrong with this question when I am trying to figure things out.
I do
It's not solid gold. I called the customer service line it is 75% yellow gold, 12.5% silver, and 12.5% copper. I already put a pause and said I'll admire the pieces from afar. I am trying to figure things out. Please be respectful as this should be a safe place and you are not making me feel safe!

I am reporting this post as I feel UNSAFE

18kt gold is never solid gold. Only 24kt gold is solid gold. 18kt gold is, as you noted above, 75% gold that is mixed with other alloys. When someone says solid gold in reference to a piece of jewelry they typically mean an item made completely of a gold mixed alloy like 14kt or 18kt gold vs something that is gold plated or gold filled where the item is NOT made completely of the 14kt or 18kt gold.

So yes the Van Cleef necklace is solid 18kt gold. It is not gold plated or gold filled. But since it is 18kt gold and not 24kt gold it is not 100% gold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.