Modern Chain Totes - E/W vs N/S - opinions please

Which weights less and is easier to carry

• Modern Chain Glazed E/W?

• Modern Chain Glazed N/S ?

• Too close to tell - drink decalf next time?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 10, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I was discussing with my shopping buddies various Chanel styles and as we sat in our mellow Starbuck came the "purse debate throwdown"!
(we really should stick to de caffinated)
we starting talking about the weight of the Modern Chain bag and I do not use my E/W that much because by the time I put all my essentials inside it just gets too heavy to lug around all day.

My friends say the n/s does not weight as much :confused1:

I kind of figure they would so similiar that it would be to hard to tell the difference.:confused1:

With Starbuck lattes on the line, I'd figure we take a poll here and see what you guy think.:tup:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here.

oH I should clairfy ---

I have an e/w my friend had a n/s

She claims the n/s weighs less --- I think its so similar you can't tell the difference
So we made a bet and we're going to break the tie with whatever the poll shows here

Why don't you both go to the grocery store with your empty totes and put them on the weight scale in the produce section. That would solve the puzzle! You are only getting opinions here, not facts.

I had both and I think the E/W FEELS heavier because of the wider shape. I'm petite, and it kept hitting things/people so I felt the drag, therefore it felt heavier to me. The N/S is slimmer in shape, so it doesn't have that issue for me, so therefore it just FEELS lighter. But this is not based on any facts whatsoever. lol.

My friend has a N/S and as I tried it on I thought it was really heavy despite the fact that it has a slimmer shape than the E/W. I do have to agree with Roey that the E/W distributes the weight much more evenly whereas the N/S concentrates the weight at one point.

I had an E/W and sold it because I thought it was too big. I bought a new N/S and like the size much much better, but now I think I am going to get rid of it too because I really think this one is heavier.

I had both and I think the E/W FEELS heavier because of the wider shape. I'm petite, and it kept hitting things/people so I felt the drag, therefore it felt heavier to me. The N/S is slimmer in shape, so it doesn't have that issue for me, so therefore it just FEELS lighter. But this is not based on any facts whatsoever. lol.

ITA I'm also thin, but tall and I just feel like the E/W is sooo big for me. The bumping into people drives me crazy! I'm not sure that there is a significant difference in weight between the two. Which one do you like better on you? Which ever one you pick is a great bag! But FYI don't take it to Vegas as your main bag, seemed like a good idea......