• <145cm

• between 145 - 155cm

• between 156-165cm

• between 165-175cm

• more than 175 cm

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheMrsKwok

Jul 31, 2010
Hi everyone on TPF, after looking at the photo below, wad do u guys think?

Brooklyn+Museum+Louis+Vuitton+Celebrate+Murakami+0whndLoqkXJl.jpg

i feel, all of the models at the fashion show are so tall and slim which is unachievable by most of the consumers. we cant get the approximate look by looking at them.... the size of the bag/clothings is also not well reflected because the model's size are normally differ too far from our size! the shape of the model probably only hits 2-3% of the total population of the world. Why not they choose the shape of models that are more ..... hmn, closer to most of the population?

i just wondering, wad do u guys think about this? and please select ur height from the poll list above :biggrin:

Last edited:
I know from personal experience that taller women look better in clothes - I'm 5'0" and my best friend when I was younger was 5'9" but wore the same size - she used to borrow clothes from me and looked so much better in them than I did!

So I can't fault the designers for wanting their clothes to be displayed in the best possible way, but I agree we smaller ladies can't get a good idea of what the clothes would look like on us.

I'm over 175 cm tall and feel that it is quite difficult to find clothes that actually fit well... I mean for example it is very difficult for me to find perfect jeans. If the size is right from the waist the length of the legs is waaayyy too short and if the legs are right size the waist is simply just huge. And it's the same problem with jackets. Many times if the jacket is the right size the sleeves are super short on me. So it is not always easy to be tall and have long arms and legs. Also many men have admitted that they were first "afraid" of me because I'm so tall. So I guess tall women are somehow intimidating for them..

I'm 5'8''.. 1.73 cm.. I'm not tall.. but not even short heheh
I don't have problems finding clothes.. I just hate when I find like dresses and they look too short on me.. while my friends who are shorter have no problem with them..

I'm over 175 cm tall and feel that it is quite difficult to find clothes that actually fit well... I mean for example it is very difficult for me to find perfect jeans. If the size is right from the waist the length of the legs is waaayyy too short and if the legs are right size the waist is simply just huge. And it's the same problem with jackets. Many times if the jacket is the right size the sleeves are super short on me. So it is not always easy to be tall and have long arms and legs. Also many men have admitted that they were first "afraid" of me because I'm so tall. So I guess tall women are somehow intimidating for them..

^^^
I am 5'4" and my daughter is 5'10"...we both are have small frames, and both of us have issues with clothes. My pants are too long, and hers are too short, etc...

And yes it is sad but true... alot of guys, for some dumb reason are intimidated by tall women. Maybe because they feel they need to be taller as the "protector" or maybe they are just insecure, hard to know.

It would be great if there were models of all sizes, since there are women of all sizes. And men were more secure about tall women....that would be a perfect world.

I don't have problems finding clothes.. I just hate when I find like dresses and they look too short on me.. while my friends who are shorter have no problem with them..

You ARE tall. The average woman's height is 5'4". You are well above average.;)

If you're in the U.S. and even in some countries in Europe, 5'8" is pretty tall. If you're in, say, the Netherlands, I'd expect that to be pretty average, lol.

I don't think clothes necessarily look better on tall women than they do on shorter woman; it's about proportions and toneness than anything.

Fashion designers also use really skinny models because the clothes "hang better".

Im 5'7 171cm and im not huge but i have a bit of a belly and really large boobs and i can NEVER find clothes to fit me anymore :sad: it winter at the moment, and i cannot get a nice coat thats long enough in the arms and big enough in the boobs but fits everwhere else, i used to be that thin but its just so hard to loose weight when your in a sit down job, they need to use more curvy models! and get clothes made to fid true sizes than someone who is usualy 14 have to buy an 18! :sad:

Im in the UK lol :biggrin:

This link shows the averages for around the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_height_around_the_world

Women with my average height are from Gambia, Iran, Japan, Mongolia, Nigeria and Thailand. I am from the US and here I am considered short!

OP, That is what is so great about tPF. We are real people who post real photos modeling our bag! I for one, have probably posted tons of modeling shots and I always state my height and weight for reference to help members trying to decide on a bag.

Last edited:
thanks for everyone's reply ^^ so many of us suffered finding clothes prob, LV should come out with more curvy designs to fit more ppl IMO, i am only 158cm and i am not slim, so is quite hard for me to buy clothes too...