Modelling pics.: Hug Me with long strap

citychris

O.G.
Aug 5, 2006
There is another thread with modelling pics. of the Hug Me hand held. Here are a couple with the long strap:

Attachments

• hugmemesstrap.jpg
    hugmemesstrap.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 3,069
  • hugmemesstrap2.jpg
    hugmemesstrap2.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 143
Thanks for posting, citychris! Did Jackie send any modelling pics of the side (narrow) view of the bag? I had emailed her requesting specifically for that so that we could see how wide the bag looked from the side, since I was concerned the 7" depth would make the bag look fat.

Nobody wants a fat bag, right? :yes:

Thanks for the pics!

I think it looks a nice drop - mind you, I suppose it depends what height you are!

I'd like to see the bag without any stuffing in it, maybe just with a few bits and bobs in, because at the minute it does indeed look a bit fat.

I want to see what it would look like under 'normal' conditions!

IMO the straps are rather thin. The bag looks big and roomy, and seems it could hold quite a lot, so would be concerned the straps couldn't take the weight. BUT, I was rather hoping for thicker straps, as I travel a lot, and most likely to carry it 'messenger style'. :sad:

oh not so in love with it now. I agree, straps are a bit thinner than I would like. I would like it more if they were thicker and am now trending away from this bag!

any photos of the Make Me smile?

I loooove the thin straps. For me, the big thick straps of the past LM messenger strap (which is way too short for me to use) was akward and very uncomfortable - it cut into my sholder.

But I wish we knew how tall this model is. Anyone know??

I, too, love the thin strap and think it wouldn't look right if it were thicker. I think this bag is primarily meant to be carried as a satchel with the messenger strap as an occasional convenience.

I don't know who this model is for sure, though I'm guessing it may be Jackie or Ashley. Being super tall myself, I e-mailed her a similar question about the messenger strap length, and she told me that this bag works great on her (5'5") and another friend (6'0").

I was so excited about this bag, but now I'm not so sure. It really looks fat. It seems to wide. I would like to see a pic without the stuffing and just a few items in the bag.

I adore and love the Hug Me although I think the photos do it an injustice. The stuffing doesn't help...it needs the basic contents of what many women carry to give us a better depiction of what it will look like.

I'm really glad I ordered this in the Black Glossy and Matte Chocolate...I think the darker colors will help with its shape and profile ~ aesthetically speaking, as the Purple Crash seems a bit much to me in these images.

I also prefer the thinner strap. I think thicker straps on messenger bags interfere too much with my outfit - thinner straps look more sleek.

I wouldn't worry too much about the straps taking the weight. I've carried bigger bags than that with straps that are just as thin - and there isn't even any evidence of straining. Besides, Its not like BE's leather is flimsy.

Good point, I agree, Circoit - "thinnner straps look more sleek".

But, I wish the straps had buckles/extenders to make the bag hit just where you want. There is a BIG difference where a bag hits a 5'5" person and a 6'0 person. If anyone agrees and thinks this is a good idea, maybe they could suggest this to Jackie (especially for the Wisper to Me midi :smile:, since she seems open to adjusting the designs, so far. I am glad to hear all the fall bags will have the thin messenger straps with them.