Modelling pics.: Hug Me & Whisper To Me

Thanks Contessa for enlarging these photos! Since I know what to look for, I can see the contrasting surface texture between the flat crackling and contrasting smooth areas ~ best seen in the second photo.

These photos are not depicting its own true color of the Purple Crash leather; instead, it is reflecting its peripheral colors as well as the ambient light.

Dsrk, Come again...in english please!!!! You're too articulate for me!! LOL!!! :roflmfao:

Hi Tash1 ~ sorry! :shame:

In the second photo of the Hug Me in Purple Crash, when I look specifically above the mid-section where the leather leans into the bag, I notice the surface texture of this leather. I see some crackling with some small smooth areas. This leather has a treated surface...what exactly? I don't know...some type of coating.

With these enlarged photos, I don't see the true color of the Purple Crash leather. Instead, I see the bag reflecting surrounding color and the lighting in the room. The first photo, I think, illustrates this clearly.

This is a color that one must see IRL to truly appreciate, as the lighting in the photos wreak havoc with its color.

Again, my apologies...is this clearer?

Dsrk, Come again...in english please!!!! You're too articulate for me!! LOL!!! :roflmfao:

Hi Tash1 ~ sorry! :shame:

In the second photo of the Hug Me in Purple Crash, when I look specifically above the mid-section where the leather leans into the bag, I notice the surface texture of this leather. I see some crackling with some small smooth areas. This leather has a treated surface...what exactly? I don't know...some type of coating.

With these enlarged photos, I don't see the true color of the Purple Crash leather. Instead, I see the bag reflecting surrounding color and the lighting in the room. The first photo, I think, illustrates this clearly.

This is a color that one must see IRL to truly appreciate, as the lighting in the photos wreak havoc with its color.

Again, my apologies...is this clearer?

Perfectly clear, thanks dsrk!! ;) Do you know if these modelling shots are from Jackie, or is it actually someone from here? :s

Very good question Tash! as I am wondering this myself. I do know that lovebags2 asked citychris to post them here. Somewhere, I can't recall where exactly, lovebags2 said she had contacted Jackie for modeling pictures as so many had requested them. If memory serves me write, I think lovebags2 is now waiting on modeling photos of another bag from the fall collection, although I'm not sure. I recall her stating that she may receive them from Jackie by Friday. Wish I could remember which bag, but I can't at this moment. Perhaps lovebags2 will chime in here and let us know. (hint hint lovebags2!!!)

Perfectly clear, thanks dsrk!! ;) Do you know if these modelling shots are from Jackie, or is it actually someone from here? :s

Jackie sent the pics to Lovebags2. I think that is Jackie or Ashley maybe modeling the pics. I know that Jackie is very small so it looks like it might be her.

Hi everyone,

I"m home now and here to help!

Okay, I"m currently waiting on pictures of the Hug Me with the messenger strap being used. Jackie mentioned that I would have them today sometime, but since I know how busy she gets, I"m allowing a few extra days since I'm hesitant to promise.

Now, as for the purple and chocolate crash leathers. When I saw the samples, I felt they were quite on the metallic side. If you love metallics, you should enjoy these colors.

DSRK, I received my samples awhile back ago. I looked at them very quickly and knew they weren't "me" immediately. But, I think I still have them. Just let me know who might need them and I"ll be happy to mail them soon...

However, I have to caution everyone. The samples are very small and I studied them outside. Once you see them under good lighting, to me, it's clear, they are metallics.

My Advice: If you love metallics or want to try something totally different, go for the chocolate or plum crash!

If you want to stay safe and are more on the conservative side, definetely try one of Jackie's mattes or glossy leathers.

Either way, you can't go wrong IMO. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Agent dsrk; the red camel flew at dawn 2 days ago! Please remember which phase of the operation we are conducting!

Yes, agent gga. (heavy sigh) I failed. I can only hope that our infiltration and coercion has been complete, so that this phase of the mission was not compromised by my disclosure. I believe it was, judging by the fact that even I was influenced by our subversive, persuasive techniques, and placed an order for 2 Hug Me's in the colors of "Purple Crash" and "Black Glossy."

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

You're in trouble now, valkyrie. You were NOT supposed to tell the password or the agenda.

And I'm about to preorder a couple of Hug Mes, thanks to the all this insidious infiltration time spent figuring out exactly what would most appeal to the BE market demographic.

Mission Accomplished, people. Mission Accomplished

Copy copy, I read you Agent valkyrie360, but what if the red camel flies at dawn as agent gga purports?

Confirm confirm, I have successfully secured the plaid lycra in my possession.

Excellent field report of the BE Hug Me in your photo analysis of codename Purple Crash. Reflective crinkled mylar must be confirmed. I repeat, this must be confirmed. Advise immediately if it's a no-go.

:roflmfao:

OK OK people, let me give you the lowdown on the Purple Crash based on what I've read.

• Purple crash is truly metallic-y. It is nothing like the matte leathers or the glossy leathers.
  • It doesn't look cheap at all IRL! At least it doesn't to me. I think it's just the picture. If you feel it you'll see that it's got some substance to it.
  • The pictures? Well, I don't think it looks THAT bright but then again I haven't looked at my bag that closely in sunlight.

I promised bag pictures in sunlight so please give me time to deliver! For now, I think I'm going to take side by side of the BE tags to give you a better idea.

^^You didn't miss anything, bella. Check out the other threads for the swatch and some pictures I took of my Purple Crash Hold Me. I'll be posting more later tomorrow.

hmmm. i adore hte WTM but i must ask. what on earth are those circles doing there?? *(on the sides of the bag)*

Those circles bother me too, visually. They're the biggest reason I didn't preorder that bag. My family's going on a cruise starting in Venice in September. I thought that bag would be perfect, but I couldn't stand the circles and didn't know why.

Those circles bother me too, visually. They're the biggest reason I didn't preorder that bag. My family's going on a cruise starting in Venice in September. I thought that bag would be perfect, but I couldn't stand the circles and didn't know why.

I was really liking the bag, especially how it looks messenger-style, until I saw those circles. Maybe IRL they wouldn't bother me, but I'd have to see.