Modeling Pics Thread???

babyugly

Jul 29, 2009
Is there a thread that exists right now that only includes modeling pics? I think it would be nice to have a thread that just shows modeling pics...and it can be of any coach bag, I have such a hard time finding modeling pics, even in the threads where it says to "post pics of your XXX bags here" so I thought it might be nice to just have a thread that shows people modeling their various Coach items. That is usually how I make my final decision when trying to select a bag if I can't physically try it on myself. What do you all think?

I think it's a GREAT idea and I don't believe I've ever seen a thread like this before. I'll go round up some of my modeling pics I've taken for various things and post them in a bit :tup:

This is another great idea for a thread! I was just saying in another thread how I think we should have a clubhouse like the LV subforum does so we can locate all of our purse clubs easier. But yes, we NEED a modeling pics thread because then you can just do a search and find the bag you are looking for.

I think the only problem is we are wanting a combo of what's already available: The "coach in action" pics including the "reference library" type pics... and not all people put modeling pics of their bags in the specific thread on that type (be it type, line, etc).

^^Yeah, this is true. We are really asking for a combo of what we already have in place.

I also can see the clubs thread issue and finding them. I started an original Kristin one, and then noticed that someone else started another one. I left it alone since the original one really was for the older line and I didn't want to make waves...but... A lot of times I notice that people don't seem to search.

LV is a bit more segregated. I believe their reference section is also set up a bit diff. Mostly we avoid segregating things TOO MUCH, you know, for obvious reasons. We can think about it. For now, there's nothing wrong with a modeling photo thread, I guess...this could be an all reference thread, if you want (i.e. no comments)?? IMO this may be best or otherwise it's going to get like the upcoming lines thread with so much chat. I think what a lot of people forget sometimes is that you can search a thread itself for info., though Thus, if we did a reference modeling, we could search to find bags if it gets long, etc.

I think some people don't have a clue what a "modeling"pic should be either. I want a pic of someone wearing the bag, not just setting it on a counter or chair.

^Best thing we can suggest is that in the "coach in action" thread we encourage people to post "me with my XX XX bag or XX XX item" that way users who do main search on the forum can come up with the post IN that thread of the modeling.

^^Actually, I thought I remembered a catwalk thread, but then I thought it was the sticky above. Maybe if we retitled it and called it "modeling photos" thread. I haven't really poured through it to see if it's the way it should be, though.

See, the thing is, some of us don't do modeling photos (that would be me!). So you get what you get with me, which is pretty much a small bag review and a few photos. I can totally appreciate the modeling photo thing, though. I don't do it simply because I'm a private person and like to keep it that way, but it certainly is something that is VERY beneficial to everyone!!

Also something that came up on another thread, but the obscure reveal titles don't help either. You know...REVEAL!!!! instead of "Bag xxxx REVEAL". That I can't change as per the rules, and I know that's part of the fun when people want to do a surprise...but just a comment that searching posts rather than threads is sometimes more helpful than thread titles.