Modeling Pics of Chelsea Vintage Leather Satchel?

arsweb

chocolate bag addict
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
I've been eying the Chelsea Vintage Leather Satchel in pictures for some time. I searched the forum and can't find any modeling pictures of this particular bag. Does anyone have one they can post? Any color will do! (It's the style of the bag in my avatar.)

Gosh I love this bag! Esp In the regular mineral leather. It's so beyond gorgeous. I wish I could have gotten it along with the matching capacity wristlet and wallet. Stunning!!!! excuse me while I swoon for a moment...

There is a new mineral bag out at the outlet, but it's a factory only bag. You can tell the difference by the nickel hardware on it...and also the F on the creed. It's also a lighter and less attractive color than the retail mineral line IMO, but I would still totally buy it. I almost did, actually, when I was at the outlet.

The retail line has been seen previously at both the outlet and also Off 5th Saks. This also includes the printed python in both the chestnut (or mahogany, not sure what they call the color) and mineral.

There is a new mineral bag out at the outlet, but it's a factory only bag. You can tell the difference by the nickel hardware on it...and also the F on the creed. It's also a lighter and less attractive color than the retail mineral line IMO, but I would still totally buy it. I almost did, actually, when I was at the outlet.

The retail line has been seen previously at both the outlet and also Off 5th Saks. This also includes the printed python in both the chestnut (or mahogany, not sure what they call the color) and mineral.

Yeah I kind of thought something was a little "off" about it, because I had really liked the mineral one wen i was in the boutiue last year. I knew it was the same color, but not uite. Still a very pretty bag though!

Wow I didnt realize the mineral one I just got is a factory bag, but I just checked it next to my chocolate one and it does have an F on the creed! Yikes! Oh well, for $160 I probably still would have purchased it - its still very pretty and to me the straps are the same w/the O ring hardware, just in nickel rather than brass, which actually matches better with most of my charms! Oh and I think its a tad smaller and the strap drop is just a little shorter when I compare them on my shoulder. I got so excited seeing that it was the only one in the store that I didnt even "investigate!" I still love it -the strap/bag color contrast is different than any other bag I own.

Wow I didnt realize the mineral one I just got is a factory bag, but I just checked it next to my chocolate one and it does have an F on the creed! Yikes! Oh well, for $160 I probably still would have purchased it - its still very pretty and to me the straps are the same w/the O ring hardware, just in nickel rather than brass, which actually matches better with most of my charms! Oh and I think its a tad smaller and the strap drop is just a little shorter when I compare them on my shoulder. I got so excited seeing that it was the only one in the store that I didnt even "investigate!" I still love it -the strap/bag color contrast is different than any other bag I own.

I think it's GORGEOUS!! Just not as pretty as the retail color. I also almost bought this at AC, but I couldn't justify teal Gigi AND that at the time. Now I might because of the nickel hardware. There's really nothing wrong with factory bags...they just have fewer bells and whistles, and usually single stitch rather than double, etc. Same materials, though, and IMO they SOOO improved this satchel over the previous zip one. Not that I like the turnlock when trying to close it on the satchel, but I just think it looks so much better than the older style.

See, the fact that you didn't recognize it as a factory bag should be a tip off... :yes:

I think it's GORGEOUS!! Just not as pretty as the retail color. I also almost bought this at AC, but I couldn't justify teal Gigi AND that at the time. Now I might because of the nickel hardware. There's really nothing wrong with factory bags...they just have fewer bells and whistles, and usually single stitch rather than double, etc. Same materials, though, and IMO they SOOO improved this satchel over the previous zip one. Not that I like the turnlock when trying to close it on the satchel, but I just think it looks so much better than the older style.

See, the fact that you didn't recognize it as a factory bag should be a tip off... :yes:

Yea I thought the chelsea factory bags all had the zippers, which dont appeal to me at all. I think the factory gallery/lunch totes are adorable too, and much better now that they have the O ring hardware details as well. Hey, for $160 - it was almost free!;)

Wow, thanks for the heads up about the factory version! I've loved this bag since it first came out and though the Factory one seems lovely as well, I doubt it will make me swoon quite the same way as the original.

Does the boutique version have brass hardware and the factory version have nickel hardware?