Modalu Anyone part 2

rowy65

O.G.
Sep 15, 2012
I am bumping this thread. I just discovered this bag today. Am crushing seriously on the Erin bag. Would appreciate on any thoughts or feedback n this bag. The only thing I know is that it's from England. Anyone know know if it's available in the US? TIA :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 708
Have never seen this Erin bag before but here (in Canada) our Town Shoe stores carry Modalu bags (mostly the Pippa bag) but they have stocked other designs in the past. The prices we get are better than what Modalu costs in the UK in GBP. Is that the same for you in USD?

Have never seen this Erin bag before but here (in Canada) our Town Shoe stores carry Modalu bags (mostly the Pippa bag) but they have stocked other designs in the past. The prices we get are better than what Modalu costs in the UK in GBP. Is that the same for you in USD?

In the US, it's 199 British pounds or $323.39 in USD. How much is this in Canada? It's the Erin mini tote and will cost me an additional 15£ to ship. I'm planning on getting this bag in this color combo as well as the medium phoebe in claret which is 189£.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 666
http://ts.townshoes.ca/store/townSh...sl-cat-430?q=:name-asc:brand:tsl-br-157&text=

Does this link work for you?

I'm kind of sad because it looks like there's been a recent change at Town Shoes - on their website anyway - hardly any Pippa bags now (I'll have to pop in and see what stock they have left). It used to be you could find a rainbow of choices priced at $279 or $275 CAD but I'd always get them on sale. Depending on popularity, they could go as low as $136 but I'd pay $199 but I digress...sorry...

I see a couple of Erin totes or the Erin mini - they are $298 CAD or $248 CAD. The selection for this brand has dwindled :sad:

http://ts.townshoes.ca/store/townSh...sl-cat-430?q=:name-asc:brand:tsl-br-157&text=

Does this link work for you?

I'm kind of sad because it looks like there's been a recent change at Town Shoes - on their website anyway - hardly any Pippa bags now (I'll have to pop in and see what stock they have left). It used to be you could find a rainbow of choices priced at $279 or $275 CAD but I'd always get them on sale. Depending on popularity, they could go as low as $136 but I'd pay $199 but I digress...sorry...

I see a couple of Erin totes or the Erin mini - they are $298 CAD or $248 CAD. The selection for this brand has dwindled :sad:

Canada definitely gets the Erin cheaper. At least $80 price difference USD. I doubt these newer styles will be on sale yet. I have Chanels, Diors and Louis Vuittons but lately I'm gravitating to these new to me brands ie Mansur Gavriel and now this brand. I love the fact that no one I know has the same bag :graucho: I'll give the link a try. Thanks for all the great info

Canada definitely gets the Erin cheaper. At least $80 price difference USD. I doubt these newer styles will be on sale yet. I have Chanels, Diors and Louis Vuittons but lately I'm gravitating to these new to me brands ie Mansur Gavriel and now this brand. I love the fact that no one I know has the same bag :graucho: I'll give the link a try. Thanks for all the great info

I get you - I have Givenchy, Celine, Bal plus but I love me some Modalu Pippa in a number of colours - don't ask me why, I'm all over the map :roflmfao:

I get you - I have Givenchy, Celine, Bal plus but I love me some Modalu Pippa in a number of colours - don't ask me why, I'm all over the map :roflmfao:

Missmoimoi, I'm all over that map with you lol
I'm debating on just getting the phoebe now and then waiting for the Erin. I'm worried about buying a bag sight unseen. Do you think they're good quality? I'm very attracted to the phoebe as it's in saffiano and appears to be very Prada like. The Erin reminds me of the YSL sac du jour bag

Missmoimoi, I'm all over that map with you lol
I'm debating on just getting the phoebe now and then waiting for the Erin. I'm worried about buying a bag sight unseen. Do you think they're good quality? I'm very attracted to the phoebe as it's in saffiano and appears to be very Prada like. The Erin reminds me of the YSL sac du jour bag

Oh dear - have you never seen or touched a Modalu London leather handbag? Quality is fine in terms of "No, it's not going to suddenly fall apart on you during regular use"

I've only ever owned the Pippa bags although I was smitten by one other design which was discontinued (I think it was called Kaylin 3 compartment satchel) but I digress...

Anyway, I like the leather just fine, it's smooshy enough, thick enough but not super thick. The quality of the dye seems thorough so there's no cracking etc. What I immediately realized on the Pippa style is the zippers (because it's a 3 compartment bag with 3 zippers). The zipper quality reminds me of the metal ones that you actually sew with...yes, a bit heavy duty for clothing but not what you normally use on other leather handbags! They do not jam, they are smooth BUT they totally remind me of regular metal sewing zippers! Regardless, I overlook this and own 4 Pippa bags (consigned 2 but am wondering if I can get them back if they haven't sold yet).

I don't know enough about the Erin bag or Phoebe. Can you see these bags ANYWHERE locally first? If I have time, I'll pop into Town Shoes and see what they have in terms of Phoebe & Erin. Maybe these styles have no zippers to speak of other than internal zip pouch (which will be lightweight plastic).

I just don't want you to order and be hugely disappointed. What's a comparable US brand? Hmmm? Think leather Nine West? DKNY? Leather Calvin Klein? B Makowsky but different type of leather...B Makowsky has a heftier feel when you come to think of it. Not to diss Modalu London but there's a reason why they could NOT sell these bags higher msrp $275 CAD...the UK prices are stupid if you ask me.

Oh dear - have you never seen or touched a Modalu London leather handbag? Quality is fine in terms of "No, it's not going to suddenly fall apart on you during regular use"

I've only ever owned the Pippa bags although I was smitten by one other design which was discontinued (I think it was called Kaylin 3 compartment satchel) but I digress...

Anyway, I like the leather just fine, it's smooshy enough, thick enough but not super thick. The quality of the dye seems thorough so there's no cracking etc. What I immediately realized on the Pippa style is the zippers (because it's a 3 compartment bag with 3 zippers). The zipper quality reminds me of the metal ones that you actually sew with...yes, a bit heavy duty for clothing but not what you normally use on other leather handbags! They do not jam, they are smooth BUT they totally remind me of regular metal sewing zippers! Regardless, I overlook this and own 4 Pippa bags (consigned 2 but am wondering if I can get them back if they haven't sold yet).

I don't know enough about the Erin bag or Phoebe. Can you see these bags ANYWHERE locally first? If I have time, I'll pop into Town Shoes and see what they have in terms of Phoebe & Erin. Maybe these styles have no zippers to speak of other than internal zip pouch (which will be lightweight plastic).

I just don't want you to order and be hugely disappointed. What's a comparable US brand? Hmmm? Think leather Nine West? DKNY? Leather Calvin Klein? B Makowsky but different type of leather...B Makowsky has a heftier feel when you come to think of it. Not to diss Modalu London but there's a reason why they could NOT sell these bags higher msrp $275 CAD...the UK prices are stupid if you ask me.

I appreciate the input. I am thinking that I will just purchase the original one that piqued my interest- the two tone Erin and I'll build from there. Have you ever heard of Radley bags? I just discovered that one tonight. There's a model called aldsgate in a gorgeous Oxblood color that I think I will go for. See what I'm talking about... All over the map. I spent the weekend in NYC , went to all the boutiques and nothing piqued my interest. I end up shopping on the internet anyway, go figure lol

I appreciate the input. I am thinking that I will just purchase the original one that piqued my interest- the two tone Erin and I'll build from there. Have you ever heard of Radley bags? I just discovered that one tonight. There's a model called aldsgate in a gorgeous Oxblood color that I think I will go for. See what I'm talking about... All over the map. I spent the weekend in NYC , went to all the boutiques and nothing piqued my interest. I end up shopping on the internet anyway, go figure lol

Do you mean Hilary Radley? If so, yes, I've seen her bags.

Yea, there are so many brands - I like cheap and pricey. You've got me curious though and I'm wondering if our local Town Shoes will continue to carry the Pippa collection or not? Maybe their popularity has died down since the bag has been around for a really long time. I'm going to take a boo at Erin + Phoebe too :graucho: Good luck and remember to post pics :biggrin:

Mismoimoi,
I'm in NY, so not a town shoes in sight : )
The Radley bags I'm talking about are the ones with a little cute Scottie dog charm on it. They're also handbags from England. Thanks for checking things out for me though. The last bag I bought sight unseen was Mansur gavriel and that worked out very well

Mismoimoi,
I'm in NY, so not a town shoes in sight : )
The Radley bags I'm talking about are the ones with a little cute Scottie dog charm on it. They're also handbags from England. Thanks for checking things out for me though. The last bag I bought sight unseen was Mansur gavriel and that worked out very well

Popped into nearby Town Shoes. The only Modalu London bags they have right now are the Erin bags (large tote + smaller xbody). They have 3 colours in stock but no sign of saffiano Phoebe bags.

The quality seems there plus it's very practical - much thicker leather than what they were using on the Pippa bags. The SA who helped me said the company (Modalu) seems to be going through major changes.

I can see why the Erin reminds you of Saint Laurent Sac de Jour :smile:

Attachments

• Modalu London new Erin tote black leather.jpg
    Modalu London new Erin tote black leather.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 888
I am bumping this thread. I just discovered this bag today. Am crushing seriously on the Erin bag. Would appreciate on any thoughts or feedback n this bag. The only thing I know is that it's from England. Anyone know know if it's available in the US? TIA :smile:

Boy, if the large Air Force blue one shows up - I'd be very tempted.

Popped into nearby Town Shoes. The only Modalu London bags they have right now are the Erin bags (large tote + smaller xbody). They have 3 colours in stock but no sign of saffiano Phoebe bags.

The quality seems there plus it's very practical - much thicker leather than what they were using on the Pippa bags. The SA who helped me said the company (Modalu) seems to be going through major changes.

I can see why the Erin reminds you of Saint Laurent Sac de Jour :smile:

Boy, if the large Air Force blue one shows up - I'd be very tempted.

Thanks so much for the legwork ! You were quite nice to do this :smile: There's a lot of hardware on that pic you posted. But the pebbled leather looks quite lovely. As I've mentioned before, I'm all over the map right now. I've given up on the Saffiano . I've actually just ordered a Radley bag. It's called the Ardsley medium grab bag in burgundy. I will start a new thread when it comes in. I'm going to wait a little and see if I'm still thinking of that bicolored Erin, if after a couple of weeks I'm still thinking of it, I will order it