MK Margo Medium Satchel ... to buy or not to buy?

pendragoney

Apr 27, 2009
I first saw Michael's medium Margo in vanilla and promptly fell in love with the structured shape, striking hardware, awesomely cool top handle, and easy breezy convertible style. Then I saw it in luggage, and thought "Ooooooooh - same adorable shape in a much more versatile and stain-resistant color!" Plus, I've been digging cognac accessories lately, and MK's luggage color is gorgeous IRL. I instantly added it to my 'Must Buy Once It Goes On Sale' list.

images.bloomingdales.com/is/image/BLM/products/5/optimized/1211895_fpx.tif?wid=460&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg
images.bloomingdales.com/is/image/BLM/products/3/optimized/1211893_fpx.tif?wid=460&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg
images.bloomingdales.com/is/image/BLM/products/4/optimized/1211894_fpx.tif?wid=460&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Now, a few weeks later, it's on sale, but I'm having second thoughts. I don't love the chunky gold chain on the strap. I still love the shape, but compared to other (much higher end) bags I've been loving lately, the design is somewhat busy - 2 tones, plus 2 topstitching thread colors. I loved the white on brown stitching initially, but is it too trendy or cheap looking? Is the whole thing trendy and cheap looking? Am I going to look at it in a year or two and wonder what the heck I was thinking buying it?

Please help me decide! To buy or not to buy?