MK Hamilton or MK Jet Set Travel Tote? Opinions needed!

iHeartMK

Jul 18, 2012
Please help!!!

I can't decide between the MK Hamilton in luggage saffiano leather and the MK Jet Set Travel Tote in luggage saffiano leather (whether it be the regular medium or the macbook version). I'm trying to find a durable bag that'll be good for school/work/travel/everyday/life bag haha, which bag do y'all think would be more functional/practical for that? I think I'm at a point in my life where I need to be practical about the items I own. I'm currently a grad student and I work full time in a professional office setting and I carry my 13" ultrabook and an expandable folder on most days, if that helps!

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...hael+kors+hamilton+saffiano&N=0&bmUID=jOk.Ctk

http://www.michaelkors.com/p/MICHAE...Cat=cat000000cat8501cat8519&isEditorial=false

I told myself the next bag I get will be saffiano leather to "complete" my collection (not really, lol) since I already have the butter soft pebbled leather, pvc leather, and supple lamb leather; So the saffiano leather is set in stone. I'm just trying to decide which shape along with the features I should go with.

I like the size of both but there is a 4 inch difference in width between the two. I initially thought the travel tote was way too wide for me; I'm 5'5" and 115lbs. I kind of feel the Hamilton is more fancy due to the padlock and the travel tote is more classy looking yet something I can toss around lol. For those who have either bags that you use for school and traveling especially, do you mind posting pics of what's inside your bags so I can have an idea? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Thank you all for your responses! I went into Dillards today to check the them out (Dillards didn't carry any saffiano Hamiltons though so I just looked at the regular ones) and I'm leaning more towards the Hamilton. I totally forgot that it could expand more at the top! I took off the lock to see how it'd look and it's very roomy!!

I also took some measurements:
Hamilton - true to what the MK site says: 14"w x 6.25"d (height IDC)
Travel Tote - close to 19" top width, 14" bottom width x 7"d; MK site said it was only 5".........

Still need/want more opinions and I'd love to see pics!!!

Thank you all for your responses! I went into Dillards today to check the them out (Dillards didn't carry any saffiano Hamiltons though so I just looked at the regular ones) and I'm leaning more towards the Hamilton. I totally forgot that it could expand more at the top! I took off the lock to see how it'd look and it's very roomy!!

I also took some measurements:
Hamilton - true to what the MK site says: 14"w x 6.25"d (height IDC)
Travel Tote - close to 19" top width, 14" bottom width x 7"d; MK site said it was only 5".........

Still need/want more opinions and I'd love to see pics!!!

I have a saffiano hamilton, and i think the meterial is too hard to carry in winter. When i walked outside carrying mine today, I had this creazy thought that the leather is going to break.:sweatdrop:

I have a saffiano hamilton, and i think the meterial is too hard to carry in winter. When i walked outside carrying mine today, I had this creazy thought that the leather is going to break.:sweatdrop:
lol you're so silly, what state are you from?? I'm from Texas so we don't get severe weather here or anything, it's more bipolar than anything else....

But the reason why I lean more towards saffiano leather over the regular leather (don't get me wrong, i love the regular soft leather) is because I like structured bags and after seeing multiple overly slouchy Hamiltons on this forum, it has only solidified my decision to get Saffiano..would you agree?

lol you're so silly, what state are you from?? I'm from Texas so we don't get severe weather here or anything, it's more bipolar than anything else....

But the reason why I lean more towards saffiano leather over the regular leather (don't get me wrong, i love the regular soft leather) is because I like structured bags and after seeing multiple overly slouchy Hamiltons on this forum, it has only solidified my decision to get Saffiano..would you agree?

If you want structure, then you definitely want the saffiano leather. Personally I do not like structured bags and am not a fan of the saffiano. I recommended the tote instead of the Hamilton because the tote will be easier to get stuff in and out of...the Hamilton is quite deep. I own two Hamiltons and love them, however. :biggrin: It all comes down to personal choice; you are the best judge of what will work for you. Have fun shopping!

You're right. I like saffiano on hamilton. I think it's a perfect combination.:biggrin:

If you want structure, then you definitely want the saffiano leather. Personally I do not like structured bags and am not a fan of the saffiano. I recommended the tote instead of the Hamilton because the tote will be easier to get stuff in and out of...the Hamilton is quite deep. I own two Hamiltons and love them, however. :biggrin: It all comes down to personal choice; you are the best judge of what will work for you. Have fun shopping!
You're right about the travel tote being easy to get stuff in and out of. However, i do like the depth of the hamilton :smile:

I'll try to go to the mall sometime this week to see if my expandable folder would fit into the Hamilton (i know they will in the tote).. I forgot to bring it last time haha. the SA's give me questionable looks like I'm going to steal the padlock whenever i unlock it to expand the top or something..

but thank you for your input!!

Going to the store with your folder and laptop is a great idea. I'm leaning towards Hamilton, while I feel like the openness of the tote will make it easy to go in/out of your bag I feel like if you carry heavy stuff the skinny straps on the tote will make it uncomfortable. The hamilton can be carried by the handle and has a thicker shoulder strap so when you are toting around heavier stuff it won't kill your shoulder kwim?

Going to the store with your folder and laptop is a great idea. I'm leaning towards Hamilton, while I feel like the openness of the tote will make it easy to go in/out of your bag I feel like if you carry heavy stuff the skinny straps on the tote will make it uncomfortable. The hamilton can be carried by the handle and has a thicker shoulder strap so when you are toting around heavier stuff it won't kill your shoulder kwim?

That's very true. I like the versatility of the Hamilton as I would have a couple of ways of carrying it. It may be easy for the tote to put things in and out of but that would also mean my personal belongings will be exposed..

I think it's pretty obvious which one I'm leaning more towards haha, I'm just beating around the bush here..

Thank you everyone for your input! I ended up getting the Hamilton!!!

I ordered it online on Tuesday. It shipped on Thursday and it's supposed to be here TODAY but now it's changing it's estimated delivery until next Tuesday!! :sad: Thou must be patient.

Just to give you an update, my Hamilton came in Wednesday but wasn't able to pick it up until Friday. SHEESH it was a long wait for me. I was so excited to open it and theeeeennn there was a huge long diagonal crease on the front center of my bag. Does anybody know if creases/wrinkles on saffiano leather ever go away? Or what you can do to make it go away? I read somewhere that you can blowdry it until the leather softens and then straighten it out but...i don't think that'll work well on saffiano..

I thought about exchanging it for another one but when i went to the website, it was sold out!!! I'm not sure if i ordered the last one or not..Does anybody else have the luggage saffiano?