MK does it again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am just shocked to the extent that MK has gone with his copies of other designer purses. Although yes, MK was the first one with the Totally, this was the only design LV has really taken and put its own print on whereas MK has gone way farther than that.

I agree with what LVLoveaffair said, his design team must really love LV or want one of their own :giggles:

I'm slightly offended by this bag... Maybe I'm weird but I saved my *** off for my first lv in damier ebene and now the print is no longer exclusive to lv.. And everyone will be wearing it!!! Doesn't sit well with me :sad:

Isn't part of being a Designer = Designing?? This is nothing but a copy cat

Seriously. +1.

oooh, i remember i saw this one at macy's in herald square just last week, the MK counter was RIGHT in front of LV... i wonder what LV staff thought of it. lol.

I probably would've just shook my head and gone back to admiring the LVs.

Thanks so much for posting! I was shopping the other day with my damier neverfull and a woman approached me and told me she loved my bag. Then she asked me if it was a Michael Kors. I was shocked, as I had no idea how she could have mistaken the damier NF for a MK bag...now I know exactly why she thought that. This is why I will never buy a MK bag.

Ohmygosh, I would've been shocked too. Hope she realized after that it was LV instead~

I wish they could not get away with this.

Me too. Hopefully someone from LV will come across it and actually put a stop to all this.

Ha, ha I was not expecting a checkered board print. Michael Kors has no shame to his game. I guess he’s meeting a niche in the market. LV is trying to be more exclusive, and Michael Kors is grabbing those excluded customers.

I do like some of MK bags. This bag looks nice to me, but of course I prefer the Neverfull. I just find it very entertaining how some of his bags look like LV. Right now I am indifferent on his purse designs. I will leave the caring to LV if they are concern. :lol:

I don't like this bag at all but it doesn't bother me. Didn't the Totally copy MK? Did anyone on this forum balk at that? It only seems to be when it's the other way around that people are offended but LV has also done the same thing.

I wish everyone would stop saying LV copied MK or MK copied LV, PLEASE remember that pretty much all of these designers started at the big name fashion houses before branching off on there own so yes styles and designs may seem familiar because most likely they were created under the eye of that designer I.E. Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors. The Totally was not a copy of the MK Jet Set tote, look at Gucci and Fendi and some of their bags and see how similar they are to LV and other designers. Michael Kors recently said that the bulk of his company sells are in his handbag and accessories lines. He knows that the market is driven by consumers who want luxury at a good price. Meaning his average customer knows that MK is a good quality product for the fraction of the price for an LV item. Contemporary labels do this all the time so its nothing new. Look at Rebbeca Minkoff and some of her quilted bags and see how similar they are to the Chanel Boy bag!! MK is only doing what will make him money and he knows that there is a woman out there who loves the DE look on an LV bag but may not be able to afford it so he can give her that look while at the same time giving her a good price with a high quality designer name attached

Okay. Normally I hate these threads. I don't see why everyone thinks LV has the exclusive rights to a particular shape, and in fact sometimes when people comment on some of MK's 'stolen' bag designs, they are completely incorrect because there are some styles that MK produced first... but this is a completely different story. That is a blatant copy! I'm stunned!

I wish everyone would stop saying LV copied MK or MK copied LV, PLEASE remember that pretty much all of these designers started at the big name fashion houses before branching off on there own so yes styles and designs may seem familiar because most likely they were created under the eye of that designer I.E. Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors. The Totally was not a copy of the MK Jet Set tote, look at Gucci and Fendi and some of their bags and see how similar they are to LV and other designers. Michael Kors recently said that the bulk of his company sells are in his handbag and accessories lines. He knows that the market is driven by consumers who want luxury at a good price. Meaning his average customer knows that MK is a good quality product for the fraction of the price for an LV item. Contemporary labels do this all the time so its nothing new. Look at Rebbeca Minkoff and some of her quilted bags and see how similar they are to the Chanel Boy bag!! MK is only doing what will make him money and he knows that there is a woman out there who loves the DE look on an LV bag but may not be able to afford it so he can give her that look while at the same time giving her a good price with a high quality designer name attached

+1

Okay. Normally I hate these threads. I don't see why everyone thinks LV has the exclusive rights to a particular shape, and in fact sometimes when people comment on some of MK's 'stolen' bag designs, they are completely incorrect because there are some styles that MK produced first... but this is a completely different story. That is a blatant copy! I'm stunned!

+1 Usually it doesn't really annoy me to see similar shapes and styles with designer handbags. It's not like LV only has the most innovative shapes on earth, some are actually pretty bland.
But I think the checkered print of this tote is a bit much. I wouldn't even think it's MK, I'd think it's a badly faked LV.

That said I do love some MK bags, especially the Selma. I have a Celine phantom tote, too, but the Selma is so much nicer to carry! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.