MJ Zip Clutch Question - diff between Mercer, So Cool, Soft quilted....???

shellness

Dec 12, 2007
Hi ive fallen in love with the MJ ZC and im planning to get one. There are so many diff ZCs available i just wanna know whats the diff between mercer and normal ZC ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
mercer = logo jacquard lining, non-suede
so cool = stiffer, shiny, but not patent leather
soft quilted = quilted in the new softer, distressed leather. not as stiff or structured as regular quilted and the color is not quite so saturated; has a watercolor effect.

wasabipea

Aug 29, 2007
Speaking of ZC's. Don't want to thread-jack but, you ladies have mentioned suede lining in some of the ZC's? Are those still available?

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
^ absolutely! that's the regular soft calf version. a few new colors were released this season, and, of course, there are always black and white/ivory.

wasabipea

Aug 29, 2007
tadpolenyc - thanks! which colors are those and where do i go to to check those babies out? Suprisingly, the Nordies and Bloomies close to me does not have a large selection of ZC's.

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
any other department stores nearby? saks or nm perhaps? of course, the mj boutiques have a fantastic array of zc's even past season colors. you could always call them if you have a specific color in mind.

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
So-are you saying there are 4 different zip clutches then?

Mercer
So cool
Soft Quilted
Soft Calf

And, the differences are?

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
yes. i listed the differences above in the second post. soft calf is the classic version of the zc: soft smooth sometimes pebbled calf leather with suede lined interior.

Joke

Sep 23, 2007
there's even patchwork zc as well:

and fluo ones with black nylon strap:

bgcutiepie00

Steph
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
USA
Any opinions on which style holds up better or for the longest? I'm used to LV Vernis which I don't worry about babying too much!! Just thought I'd ask!

Aggie

Feb 5, 2007
New York
actually all of the items hold up well....i have soft calf and patchwork and patent, i need to get a quilted to round out my collection but they're all awesome....you can't go wrong

jctc

O.G.
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah!!! I got my 1st ZC in Soft Quilted during sales for F& Family. I love this clutch.. it is practical and functional......