MJ Tags and Barneys

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
So I got my Mercer EW Tote from Barneys Dallas today. I really love the bag, BTW! While looking it over & checking inside, I noticed that it didn't come with any of the MJ tags -- there was the envelope with the care card inside (new envelope, BTW -- MUCH larger w/a flap!!), but no MJ tag with the style number/price on it, no Controllo card or anything -- the only tag that was attached to the bag as a Barneys tag fastened to the O-ring on front.

Does anyone know whether or not Barneys includes the MJ tags with the bags they sell, or do they remove them & replace them with their own tags??

The sale was this past Monday (a one-day only sale), but they were pre-selling last week. I called on Wednesday & the SA put it on the side for me, so it wasn't on the floor during the actual sale. I just checked again & took all the stuffing out to see if it fell inside, but all I found was another care card (the one that described the leather's delicate nature, etc) -- so the MJ tag & Controllo card are missing

I've bought several MJ bags from barneys all of which had both the original MJ control tag (which doesn't look like it can easily fall apart-you would have to cut the string) as well as the barneys tag... I recently purchased the mercer blake which should be here any day-so i'll let you know how this one turns out-

hey there- I received my mercer blake bag from barneys today-and mine too didn't have the control tags. So I emailed my SA to inquire and here's what she said:
" About the control tags, we cut them off, because they have the MJ Retail on them, and they do not match the Barneys Retail, the MJ prices are actually higher!"

HTH to ease any worries- :smile:

I just received the colorblock clutch I ordered from Barneys and it came with the Barneys tag, MJ tag (with the care card and controllato).They were stuffed inside the inner pocket. However, I didn't receive a copy of the receipt so I just called my SA and she said she would mail me a copy.

" About the control tags, we cut them off, because they have the MJ Retail on them, and they do not match the Barneys Retail, the MJ prices are actually higher!"

HTH to ease any worries- :smile:

that's not entirely true & makes no sense besides -- the Mercer EW Tote is $1295 -- that was Barney's original price (before the markdown) and the same price it is everywhere else -- and if that's the reason, why on earth would they cut off the entire tag anyhow?? they could simply cut off the bottom portion that shows the price -- I don' think that SA knows why!!!

I guess it just bothers me, as I got the bag from a reputable dept store & it was brand new & had never been used -- I would like to have ALL the accompanying MJ paperwork that should come with that bag -- I've gotten bags on ebay that came with more paperwork than this bag had!!!