MJ Susan frustration...

KPCoppola

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Just venting- the color looking beautiful online-at neimanmarcus.com- it said "violet". It just arrived today and looks totally different and waaay too close to the MJ MP color I have already (Pinkberry). Does anyone know if I can return this to the store? I know that NM changed their return policy lately.
Otherwise it's really cute- and you CAN wear it over your shoulder!

You should be able to return it to the store if its within 60 days.

Return Within
0-60 days from receipt of merchandise 100% of purchase price
61-120 days from receipt of merchandise 75% of purchase price
121-180 days from receipt of merchandise 50% of purchase price
181+ days from receipt of merchandise 0%

Sorry to hear you are not happy. Neiman's return policy should be on your invoice. If you are going to send it back I would recommend doing sooner than later as I believe the longer you wait the less $$ you get back.

It'd be helpful if you mentioned the price that you paid, if you're looking for an eBay price comparison. :yes: Otherwise, yes, Violet is a complete misnomer. I'd suggest that you just return it.

It's possible that you could profit a bit if you decided to re-sell, but personally I think you'd just about break even. However, you never know how sales will go, and anything could happen.

You could possibly try selling it on the 'bay but with fees and such added onto the price, I don't know if you'll have any buyers. Currently the 'bay is filled with MJs with very low prices and yet not a lot of ppl are taking the bait.

I would much rather just return the bag to the store. Just my 2 cents. :flowers:

this is the reason why i didn't buy it. nm's and eluxury's were selling it at the same time a couple months back but they both have different colors on their site. i hate returning stuff i buy online so i've to be sure of what i buy plus i went here to ask these nice ladies for opinions and well since i couldn't decide i ended up buying a mbmj and mulberry bags on sale. :P

this is the reason why i didn't buy it. nm's and eluxury's were selling it at the same time a couple months back but they both have different colors on their site. i hate returning stuff i buy online so i've to be sure of what i buy plus i went here to ask these nice ladies for opinions and well since i couldn't decide i ended up buying a mbmj and mulberry bags on sale. :P

Hi. Sorry the color doesn't work for you.

Not too long ago, I got something at NM online and I went to the store in Fort Worth to return and they told me they would send the itemback to the warehouse and then once received, I would get my refund. Kind of funky but don't know if they do that at all NM stores???

Does anyone know if I can return this to the store? I know that NM changed their return policy lately.

NM stores do generally accept returns from online purchases; however, the policy changed a while back, and the store receipt will likely note that the store is doing you a courtesy to return the item to the warehouse––and you will have to wait up to 14 days for a credit. (You'll probably have to take the item to CS for the return––and I've read that many of the CS folks are not at all cordial when it comes to online returns.)

Saks, Nordie's, and Bloomie's all issue immediate credit for online returns––w/the credit usually showing up w/i 2-3 days. Due to the NM return policy for online items, which seems so odd for a store of this supposed caliber, I generally don't even consider ordering from NM online anymore.

if you return an online item to an actual NM store you will have to wait for your refund and it seems like it takes longer than if you just sent it back yourself - I'd just use the label they send with the purchase and send it back asap - honestly, I don't think you'll get the $$ back on ebay or bonanalze and will likely end up loosing money