MJ stam help please!

Nicky Hilton with her latest. Last year she was sporting the black and it really worked on her. She paired it with cute casual outfits and evening stuff too. What I've seen of her wearing this color this time around is :weird:.

Attachments

• rur94y.jpg
    rur94y.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 82
Thank you Vanojr9 and Angstofgumby.

Daisy I agree that Nicky Hilton suited the black much better...and she really hasn't chosen the best outfit to wear with her chalk/ivory; it looks as if she's been dipped in milk :lol: .

Do you guys think that if I were to list my bag on Ebay people would just think that it is a fake? I have recipes from NAP and everything. And I will not be letting it go for $400,which is what all the (presumably very fake) bags on ebay seem to be going for.

I suppose someone who knows what she's doing will be able to tell the real thing. I shall post many pics.

Whatever you do, don't list your bag below retail! People will automatically assume it's a fake. On ebay U.S. these bags are getting many page views and still selling above retail--an authentic black Stam sold yesterday for $1450.

It's a good idea to include many pictures and also be sure you have the detail shots--the hardware, the bottom of the bag, tags, receipt, etc. Also, since you are brand new to ebay, I suggest explaining why you are selling the bag. That might make people feel better about buying from someone with 0 feedback. Be sure to answer any questions you receive promptly--and be willing to provide additional pics if someone requests a specific detail shot.

Good luck. I hope this works out for you!

Thank you very much Valerieb!!! I am writing my product description and will list the bag asap. And I don't intend making a loss on it...that would be too painful LOL.

Angst I shall be measuring my bag soon and will let you know...see that NAP.com have no measurements on the site (says "one size"...how helpful :lol: ) and to answer your question those who carry it say that it is a perfect day to night bag and suits both casual and smart outfits.

When I bought the bag it was certainly not as a fad. I recognise that there are seasonal elements (the quilting,the chain) but it is a bag where,if you love the look and can carry it off,you can wear it with aplomb for a very long time. I also thought that it has collectors item value for a few years from now.

If anyone here is interested please pm me. i will reply to any questions etc. I will ship it anywhere,but of course Europe or UK is the least complicated.

I must go and cook dinnner...and most importantly eat it :P .

QuirkyCool: That's just the nature of ebay, unless you're established as a seller, it's tough BUT... it can definitely be done. Take pics that very clearly show this is your bag and that you didn't steal someone's pics. I might even include one of the pics of you wearing it. Avoid just using extreme closeups of the bag with no background detail, people need to establish that the photo is yours. And be sure to include pics of your NAP tag BUT be sure to watermark it. Your bag is so clearly real that I don't think you'll have too much trouble. A smart buyer will look at your feedback and see that you don't have a history of selling this bag over and over (a sign of fakes) and that you are not currently selling multiples of it. Even if your feedback number is low, your pattern of buying can tell a lot. Good luck!

Oh, and like Valerie said, don't price it below retail. I would make your starting bid what you paid for it, plus your ebay/paypal fees. That would probably put it around $1300-$1400 (I have no clue how your tax/duties/whatever works!).

Surely someone here wants it !!????

I ordered a blush stam from Saks NYC and will be putting it on ebay soon. My reputation is perfect. I think when selling or buying on ebay keep the following in mind:1. The best advice I can give is to go to a store and look at the bag. Study the inside lining, the "Made in Italy" tag, the shape and details of the bag. Use that memory as a standard by which to judge the bag on ebay.Dior Gaucho bags only came in three colors, a rusty red, an off-white and an olive brown. If someone is selling a black Gaucho, I am sorry, they don't make them!
2. Often times fraudulent sellers will steal photos from previous listings of real bags and reuse the photos. Beware of a listing where the seller does not have his/her seller name printed on the photos. These pictures could be stolen. Beware of a listing that has mostly stock photos done by professional photographers (probably from a fashion website). Sometimes these listings may have real bags, but when combined with other warning signs buy with caution.
3. If a seller cannot email you more detailed photos, or will not offer to let you come by to view the bag (bluff, even if you don't live nearby) they may be selling a fake.
4. Beware a seller that makes their feedback or the bidders "Private". They are hiding information. By making a bidder "private" they are preventing those who bid on the item from being contacted by other ebayers who know the item is fake.
5. Check to see what sort of merchandise the seller sells. More handbags? Were the customers happy? If you are more familiar with other brands of handbags look at the photos from previous auctions. Is it a fake Louis? Or, has the seller never sold a thing on ebay and is his/her feedback all from buying?
6. Finally, ask to have a picture of the receipt emailed or a copy faxed to you. Tell them it is O.K. to block out the price. I always put a picture of it in my listing. You have every right to know where the bag came from.
7. Finally, price. If the price is too good to be true it probably is!
Happy Shopping, but above all, be careful!

TheArtofAcquisition said:
I ordered a blush stam from Saks NYC and will be putting it on ebay soon. My reputation is perfect. I think when selling or buying on ebay keep the following in mind:1. The best advice I can give is to go to a store and look at the bag. Study the inside lining, the "Made in Italy" tag, the shape and details of the bag. Use that memory as a standard by which to judge the bag on ebay.Dior Gaucho bags only came in three colors, a rusty red, an off-white and an olive brown. If someone is selling a black Gaucho, I am sorry, they don't make them!
2. Often times fraudulent sellers will steal photos from previous listings of real bags and reuse the photos. Beware of a listing where the seller does not have his/her seller name printed on the photos. These pictures could be stolen. Beware of a listing that has mostly stock photos done by professional photographers (probably from a fashion website). Sometimes these listings may have real bags, but when combined with other warning signs buy with caution.
3. If a seller cannot email you more detailed photos, or will not offer to let you come by to view the bag (bluff, even if you don't live nearby) they may be selling a fake.
4. Beware a seller that makes their feedback or the bidders "Private". They are hiding information. By making a bidder "private" they are preventing those who bid on the item from being contacted by other ebayers who know the item is fake.
5. Check to see what sort of merchandise the seller sells. More handbags? Were the customers happy? If you are more familiar with other brands of handbags look at the photos from previous auctions. Is it a fake Louis? Or, has the seller never sold a thing on ebay and is his/her feedback all from buying?
6. Finally, ask to have a picture of the receipt emailed or a copy faxed to you. Tell them it is O.K. to block out the price. I always put a picture of it in my listing. You have every right to know where the bag came from.
7. Finally, price. If the price is too good to be true it probably is!
Happy Shopping, but above all, be careful!

may i ask why you're selling your stam?