MJ Stam Fixable

ghall

It's Purdy...
Feb 7, 2008
So- i just got a GORGEOUS classic quilted black stam... i LOVE it- but the seller didn't mention that the stam doesn't close. it does- but barely.. does anyone know if this can be repaired?

Nicely contact deigo form MJ repairs and see if he can help you. Give him as much info as possible and be paitient waiting for his reply, he's very busy, if he doesn't get back to you after a few weeks just shoot him another email
[email protected]

what season is your stam from?
MJ only offers repairs on bags released within the last 24 months (2 years)
this is actually common with a lot of the first stams released for F05
if this is the season your stam is from, I might be able to help you tighten it up so that it stays closed

i'm not sure.. here's a picture of the season tag and bag. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• stam 001.jpg
    stam 001.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 140
  • stam 005.jpg
    stam 005.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 166
yea, that's a Spring 06 stam, so I don't know that Diego will be able to help you - you can try sending him an email describing the problem, but since the bag is more than 2 yrs old, I don't know if they can fix it.

It might just be that the frame is out of line and that's why it won't close properly. Can you take a pic showing what the problem is?

you know how one side of the kisslock has a little nub and the other side of the clasp has like a little dip i guess for the nub to fit into to keep the bag closed?
the nub is worn off...

Attachments

• stam 002.jpg
    stam 002.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 164
  • stam 003.jpg
    stam 003.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 163
you know how one side of the kisslock has a little nub and the other side of the clasp has like a little dip i guess for the nub to fit into to keep the bag closed?
the nub is worn off...

oh no!
:tdown:
Ladies, correct me if I am wrong, but if that little nub is gone, I am not sure this stam's kisslock can be fixed. Did the seller not disclose this? I would contact the seller and return it. That is a big problem~ it's not like the kisslock is just loose; it sounds broken....

Thanks ladies. The seller did not disclose this. I emailed her at least 15 times asking questions before i purchased. She assured me the bag was perfect. And it is. Aside from the kiss lock. I contacted diego. He said it is repairable but that they could not repair it since it was from 2006. I took 2 more pics. Looks like theres a gap between the clasp. Maybe if i could somehow close the gap it would be okay???
0afe3475.jpg

ee6af95c.jpg

Im afraid it is not going to stay closed without the nub. Personally (yes, Im sorry for my unsolicited opinion) I feel strongly that you should return this to the sender. The bag is not "perfect" as described if this nub is broken off. Looking at those pix, that's a pretty big gap! Even if you managed to lessen the gap, I dont think it would stay closed well, or tightly. It would probably constantly pop open. If Deigo says they won't fix it because it is too old, I don't think you are ever going to be truly happy with it....
Just my $0.02...
You WILL find another even more perfect black stam.
Sorry~

I'm not sure if the design is different or not (other than the placement of the chain, which I know is different), but the kisslocks on the first stams from Fall 05 didn't have that little notch. Yes, there are issues with those bags staying closed, but mostly when you carry the bag on your shoulder by the chain, and even then, there are ways to secure it so it stays closed (my petrol stam stays closed when I carry it on the shoulder, but the Violet one does not).

Regardless, this is an issue that the seller should have mentioned, and you should contact her -- even if you don't choose to return the bag or ask for a refund, you should ask for some money back because it is not as described

Im afraid it is not going to stay closed without the nub. Personally (yes, Im sorry for my unsolicited opinion) I feel strongly that you should return this to the sender. The bag is not "perfect" as described if this nub is broken off. Looking at those pix, that's a pretty big gap! Even if you managed to lessen the gap, I dont think it would stay closed well, or tightly. It would probably constantly pop open. If Deigo says they won't fix it because it is too old, I don't think you are ever going to be truly happy with it....
Just my $0.02...
You WILL find another even more perfect black stam.
Sorry~

I agree. I think you should return it, especially since the seller didnt disclose this. You will find the perfect black stam! Good Luck

So- i just got a GORGEOUS classic quilted black stam... i LOVE it- but the seller didn't mention that the stam doesn't close. it does- but barely.. does anyone know if this can be repaired?

EXACT Same thing happened to me.... I took mine to Nordstrom, they sent it out.... It took 1 week and cost me $25 havent had a problem since!