MJ SELMA info

1. Hello everyone,

I am really interested in getting an MJ Selma bag! I love the shape & size, but I have a few questions & requests.....

-What season(s) was it from?
    -What colors did it come in?
    -what are your experiences with it?
    -Can you post a pic of yours? I would love to see someone wearing it!

Thank you for your help & guidance :flowers:

2. I have seen the Selma in Pecan, Black, Passionfruit (Pink) and Mint Green. I do not know if that is a comprehensive list though.

I like my Selma alot b/c of how soft the leather is and the look of the bag. It fits nicely over the shoulder. Everytime I have worn it out, I have received compliments. The hardware is nice.

But it is hard to get in and out of b/c of the flap closure with lock and drawstring on the inside. I have the smaller Selma so it does not fit a great deal either. I have it in Pecan and really considered a black one, but finally decided against it b/c of how difficult it to get things out of the bag.

I will attach a pic of me wearing it when I get home. Hope this helps!

3. hi, pursepassion. i once had the small selma in pale mint; it's from the s/s 2005 collection i believe. the leather was really soft, but i had to return mine soon after i got it, because the front clasp broke after just a few uses (and i don't rough-handle my bags at all!) i've actually seen selmas with the broken front clasps sold on eBay, so it can be a problem. but it's a great-looking bag, especially the large version.

4. i've seen it in taupe as well.:yes:

5. There is a Taupe one on eBay right now...there are actually two, but only one is priced decently. I have seen several bags in the Selma group with that broken front clasp, so that has kept me away from it. I have heard wonderful things about the leather, though.

6. Here is a pic of me wearing the small selma.

CIMG7861.JPG
  7. WOW!!! Thanks everyone for the advice so far!!!

I really love the look of this bag! I regret passing on one on eBay about a month ago. It was a cool turquoise color & had this neat patent leather trim.

How much larger is the bigger Selma?

8. Hmm...Selma. I was crazy about this bag when it just came out but never got around to actually get it. I was thinking about it recently to get one but it's kinda rare now on eBay. I was looking the one in mint color, plus I just bought a small mp :P. I will have to hold off buying a selma for now. I don't know for how long :sad: but good luck on your search!

9. I think the large Selma is about 3 inches longer and 2 inches taller. Leshent had a large Taupe available about 4 months ago that I missed...still a little disappointed about that one. The large Selmas don't pop up nearly as often as the smalls do (on Ebay).

10. PurePassion I was going to PM you/email you but you don't allow that feature. There is a sale on the Selma at MJ call (I called today and they are doing presale):

One day sale friday dec 15th
    Marc jacocs boutique mercer st phone no. 212-343-1490
    Small selma, large selma, tote
    in lavendar, taupe , teal. $195.00 each.
    I just ordered 2 over the phone.
    Talked to Chris.

11. u beat me to it.

12. can someone provide pix of the tote.....i wanna see it..i'm not digging the selma big or small..thnx :smile:

13. PursePassion was banned; that's why you can't PM her.

14. Oh, I see. thanks.

15. It's from Fall/Winter 2005.
    It came in Black, Deep Avalea, Lavendar, Pale Green, Passion Fruit, Pecan, Petunia, Teal, and Taupe.

LARGE SELMA: 14L x 5.5D x 7.25H"
    SMALL SELMA: 11.25L x 4.25D x 7.5H"
    TOTE: 18.25L x 7D x 9.5H"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice