MJ Quilted Stam.. how heavy is it?

1. I am Balenciaga girl but do like the looks of this. I am trying to decide between the Stam Mouse and a Fendi spy in mocha...
    how heavy is the Stam, I have a toddler in tow sometimes and my bad back is giving out... so wondering if I can bear the weight!! :Push:

2. The Stam is a lot heavier than the Spy or Balenciaga... even without the chain. I am still debating if I should keep the one I bought.. I love the style but I'm not completely crazy about the leather. I think it is a very stylish bag but I wish the leather was a little different. I loved the patent ones this spring that were made of goat leather ... they seemed a little lighter and scrunchy.

3. Stam is heavier than Balenciaga bags & Spy.

Cilifene got the numbers for us (1 kilo is 2.2 lbs). =)
    http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/stam-kisslock-being-hard-to-open-24846.html
    LV Batignolles 0,4 kilo
    Mulberry Rosemerry 0,8 kilo
    Hermes Birkin 1,0 kilo
    Blake 1,3 kilo
    Stam alone 1,1 kilo ...the chain 0,4 kilo

4. If you're going to have a child in one hand and a stam in the other, you probably will pull your back out. I love my stam, but don't recommend it for people who have back problems. It's heavy for most. I don't think it's heavy, but I carry heavy bags on the regular.

5. Thanks! I'm 5 feet nothing and have to CARRY a 20 lb 9 mth old! But I so love the look of the stam.. peeked into your pictures.. love it love it love the Stam

6. stam is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo heavy.

7. You have a toddler :love: I love kids. Stam is supposed to be real heavy so prolly not good with an energetic toddler around:lol:

8. Hi, The stam is heavy. I have a 16 month old and while I am not currently using my stam, I wouldn't recommend it for everyday with a toddler and you having back problems, plus the kisslock can be hard to open.

9. I love the Stam but it was too heavy for me. It actually weighed more empty than my Balenciaga city bag does when it's fully loaded. I can't imagine toting a loaded Stam and a toddler--makes my back hurt just thinking about it!

10. i adore the look of the stam, but i think it is way too heavy.
    if you have a toddler as well as a bad back, i would not get the stam!

11. I agree with everyone...it's an incredibly heavy bag. Have you thought about the Stam hobo or the East West Stam? Those are great alternatives - with the hobo, at least you can carry it on your shoulder and the East West Stam seems lighter.

12. Is it heavier than the regular Chloe Paddingtons? I was considering a stam but if it is heavier than the paddington than forget it!

btw, I just weighted my empty paddington on my electric scale and it came in at 3.2lbs!

13. Numbers from Cilifene: Stam alone 1,1 kilo ...the chain 0,4 kilo

Stam alone is 2.42 lbs ... chain is .88 lbs -> totalling 3.3 lbs

14. Initally, when I first got it, I thought it was sooooo heavy. Within a few days, I didn't even notice the weight of it, though. Of course, I don't carry a whole lot of stuff in it. Although it is roomy enough to carry a ton.

But if you have to juggle a baby and a stam, it would be difficult.

15. I have purchased it, and then returned it, THREE times due to the weight. I so wish MJ would address this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice