MJ Newbie Needs Help from the Experts! Please!

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey everyone,

I've definitely admired MJ bags for the longest time, but have never owned one. Ever since I saw a girl at the local Starbucks with what looked to be a white quilted venetia I've been dying to find one.

I know the girl carried it as a shoulder bag.. and I'm wondering for the majority of us - can the Quilted Venetia be carried as a shoulder bag? Or is it more of a handheld and only if your arms are super skinny it can be a shoulder bag?

Also - for MJ white leather... how durable is it? Is it easily dirtied? The last white bag I got (a MiuMiu) started to yellow after a season and I swore off all white bags.. but white is just SO nice... so I'm on a hunt for one that doesn't turn yellow and is more "hardy".

Can anyone help or give me some opinions?

Also - if I'm looking for a white coloured quilted Venetia.. what kind of leather am I looking for? What is the regular kind? and when someone refers to "icy leather" what does that mean?

Sorry if I asked some really stupid questions - but I'm just so new that I don't know any of the MJ lingo! Took me awhile to figure out what bag that girl was carrying!

Thanks everyone!! Any help would be awesome! :heart:

2. the venetia is more of a hand held bag. it can be carried on the shoulder by those with skinnier arms and/or if you're not wearing too many layers of clothing. it's a heavy bag. i have a non-quilted one with suede lining, and i would say it is one of my heavier bags. i'm still willing to suffer for it though. :smile:

i've been using a mbmj white bag for a few months now, and the leather has remained white. even if it gets a little dirty by the end of the summer, which is expected, you can always take it to a professional leather cleaner.

i'm not too familiar with the quilted venetia styles. i know the fall collection that is coming out soon has a few quilted venetias and a white or ivory might be one of the colors. the icy leather has a more pebbled texture and a bit of a sheen compared to the regular calfskin. as far as i know, only the stams have been available in icy leather, but i might be wrong.

i hope that helps!

3. Thanks so much tadpolenyc! Your post was definitely very informative and helpful! I had no idea what kinds of leather was available in what! And it sounds like I only have to worry about getting the white dirty and not so much about yellowing of the leather itself.. cuz that can't be fixed without re-dyeing...

Thanks again! You've been so helpful!

4. I haven't seen too many MJs getting yellowed over time, it happens more commonly with the bbags I've noticed.

5. I have a white chiffon quilted bag and I've had no problem with it getting dirty. I mean, I'm pretty careful with it and everything, but it's held up just fine. It really hasn't yellowed too much either. Venetia is totally gorgeous!! I say go for it!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice