MJ Julianne, what do you think?

Mar 27, 2008
Hello ladies,

I saw this bag while looking for my Blake on the bay. I love the vintage look and the colour. I don't know much about quilted bag and would like to know what you think about this bag? If you do have one, do you like it or dislike it? I heard that the handles could be a problem? Is this correct? Thank you in advance for your time and your help. :flowers:

Attachments

• !BQs4p-wBGk~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlzSkuBJ6Rqd5l5w~~_1.jpg
    !BQs4p-wBGk~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlzSkuBJ6Rqd5l5w~~_1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 3576_1.jpg
    3576_1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 58
I've never owned one, but I think it's a nice bag. I saw a girl carrying one during my lunch hour (ivory) and it was beautiful. If you can carry smaller bags, it would probably work well for you. I would only be able to use that as an evening bag. It's very pretty.

I had one and I loved it, but it was the patent slate version and eventually the bottom had some color transfer. So I sold it because the patent made me nervous.
But it was a great size and I liked the extra pockets and that it fit nicely over the shoulder.

Some people have had trouble with the leather disconnecting from the rod inside of the handle and becoming loose. I think Jun had this problem, although she was able to fix it herself (!).

Thank you so much for your input ladies! :heart:
I am adding this bag to my wish list. I don't know if I would ever be able to find a Purple, Emeral or Washed Rose Blake. Blakes are supposingly not hard to find since they pop up on the bay very regularly :wondering

I had one and I loved it, but it was the patent slate version and eventually the bottom had some color transfer. So I sold it because the patent made me nervous.
But it was a great size and I liked the extra pockets and that it fit nicely over the shoulder.

Some people have had trouble with the leather disconnecting from the rod inside of the handle and becoming loose. I think Jun had this problem, although she was able to fix it herself (!).

Thank you for your input on patent leather. Is it harder to take care of patent than soft calf? Is transfer on patent preventable or it is just the nature of the beast?
I have to find out from Jun about the issue with the handles.

mab, I think light-colored patent is harder to care for because any color transfer is permanent. You have to be extra careful to not set the bag down on newspapers, magazines, anything with ink that can transfer (in my case it was those plastic air pillows that come in packages--I never would have thought that would happen).

Jun's threads about her Julianne are here:
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/julianne-fell-down-and-broke-her-crown-344377.html
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/julianne-is-fixed-348240.html

Thank you so much for your input ladies! :heart:
I am adding this bag to my wish list. I don't know if I would ever be able to find a Purple, Emeral or Washed Rose Blake. Blakes are supposingly not hard to find since they pop up on the bay very regularly :wondering
The Julianne never came in the colors you mentioned -- the bordeaux is beautiful tho (bordeaux anything is gorgeous, IMO -- I really need something in this color!)

I think the Julianne is a cute bag, altho personally I was never drawn to it. There have been some issues with the handle I know -- you might want to do a search and see what you come up with (someone else already mentioned it, but jun had one with a broken strap that she repaired herself and posted the step-by-step procedure here!! that's the "Julianne's Fixed" thread that roo posted ^^)

I do believe that is a fairly lightweight bag, tho, which I know is a huge plus for a lot of the girls -- plus the dual straps makes it easier to carry. If you really like this style, you should definitely hunt one down (they seem to pop up on ebay pretty often, altho you definitely need to authenticate it cuz there were a lot of fake ones)

mab, I think light-colored patent is harder to care for because any color transfer is permanent. You have to be extra careful to not set the bag down on newspapers, magazines, anything with ink that can transfer (in my case it was those plastic air pillows that come in packages--I never would have thought that would happen).

Jun's threads about her Julianne are here:
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/julianne-fell-down-and-broke-her-crown-344377.html
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/julianne-is-fixed-348240.html

Thank you roo for your answer and the links to Jun 's Julianne. I will read up on those. You have been a great help thank you once again :heart:

Last edited:
The Julianne never came in the colors you mentioned -- the bordeaux is beautiful tho (bordeaux anything is gorgeous, IMO -- I really need something in this color!)

I think the Julianne is a cute bag, altho personally I was never drawn to it. There have been some issues with the handle I know -- you might want to do a search and see what you come up with (someone else already mentioned it, but jun had one with a broken strap that she repaired herself and posted the step-by-step procedure here!! that's the "Julianne's Fixed" thread that roo posted ^^)

I do believe that is a fairly lightweight bag, tho, which I know is a huge plus for a lot of the girls -- plus the dual straps makes it easier to carry. If you really like this style, you should definitely hunt one down (they seem to pop up on ebay pretty often, altho you definitely need to authenticate it cuz there were a lot of fake ones)

Thank you for your posts iluv. I saw a few Black Juliannes on the bay but I didn't pay much attention to them ... until I saw a Bordeaux Julianne. The colour is sooo gorgy!! I think I want this bag despite the issue with the handles. I am so glad that it 's a lightweight bag. The size is just perfect for me! Yeah I will post it on the authentication thread, I just saw a fake one in white on the bay last week. You are so lovely :hugs: