MJ Holiday 2010 Random Acts of Kindness Gift Exchange

Melly

O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
***The Sign up period is very short so please PM me your questionnaire IMMEDIATELY to participate.***

MJ Holiday 2010 Random Acts of Kindness Gift Exchange
win21.gif

** Please read the following rules carefully**

What it is:
This program is similar to a "secret santa" gift exchange. You will be randomly assigned a buddy whom you can send a small gift to through the postal mail this holiday season. You can send cards, sweets, trinkets, magazines, books, cosmetics, goodies, etc.; anything you think would be fun to brighten his/her day! You can even decorate the package/envelope using Marc Jacobs and seasonal themes. The goal is to perform a "random act of kindness" for another person!

Rules:
This program is for active tPF members who regularly post in the Marc Jacobs Forum only. If you would like to participate in this exchange, you will be expected to send one package to your assigned buddy before December 18th (December 15th for international participants). You will also be expected to post pictures of gifts you receive from your buddy in this thread for the enjoyment of other participants. Participants from any country may enter. You will be matched up with a buddy who agrees to send mail to your region. International participants (including Canadians) must be willing to ship globally and ship their packages no later than December 15th. You should expect to spend between the minimum of $30 and the maximum of $45 (not including postage costs) on your assigned buddy for this one package. It is now MANDATORY to ship all gifts using a trackable method.

Due to concerns raised in the past please do not re-gift or send samples and other freebies as part of your package. Although the emphasis of this exchange is not solely the cost of the gifts being given, please be mindful of selecting appropriate items for your buddy. The questionnaire is a great way to gain insight into your buddy's likes and dislikes. You are also welcome to PM me with any additional questions you would like to for me to ask your buddy on your behalf. If you do not want to put forth the time and effort into to getting to know your buddy and selecting something he/she may like then please not do not participate in this exchange. Also,
please keep in mind the differing temperatures this time of year and choose and package your gifts wisely. Obviously, you are not expected to send MJ merchandise as gifts!

Good communication on the part of all participants is crucial. You are expected to respond to PMs within a three day (72 hour) period. If you will be away from your computer for longer than that time frame please contact me in advance.

win15.gif
If you are unable or unwilling to follow the rules outlined above please DO NOT participate! Those who fail to comply with the rules may be barred from future RAOKs.

How to participate:
1. PM me (Melly) the following questionnaire. Please be sure I will not distribute your information to anyone except for your buddy. Keep in mind that all international participants (including Canadians) must be willing to ship globally. All entries must be received by this Sunday, December 5th, to participate in this exchange!

2. I will e-mail you the information for your buddy by December 7th. You can research your buddy's preferences through tPF posts, or prepare to send them any fun gifts you think they will like. Participants are encouraged to use MJ and holiday themes to decorate the envelopes/packaging if possible. (Think ribbons, old MJ bags and boxes, magazine clippings, computer printouts, etc.)

3. Please send your buddy one package for their enjoyment! If you notice a sad post by your buddy in the forum, maybe you want to cheer them up! Or if you see a happy post you can congratulate them. You may reveal your identity to them in your package.

4. You will be receiving gifts from a different buddy in the mail! When you receive gifts from your buddy, please post pictures of them in this thread. You are now expected to post pictures of your gift within 3 days of receiving the package.

(Special thanks to stefania from the LV forum for allowing me to use and modify her RAOK Sign-up and Rules!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
win45.gif
Copy, paste & fill out this entire questionnaire in your PM to me:

Your full name (first and last):
Your street address
:
Your city, state & zip code
:
Your country
:

Your mailing preference (US only or international okay):
Your email address: