MJ Drummed Satchel: True Red Or Chestnut? Thoughts?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies,

Does anyone own a Drummed satchel? I am interested in one but my color options are True Red and Chestnut. One is brand new with tags for $480 and one is slightly used/near perfect (the red one) for $350. How are the prices for these bags? and, how is the ease of getting it open and on/off the shoulder?

Lastly, which color??

Thanks !

2. I like the red.

3. I would go with the red too.... I'm not sure how easy it is to open that bag since it has a flap opening that is secured with a padlock... I think I would leave it open at most times for easy access but I would feel unsafe if I did that. I think it's comfortable on the shoulder, but it does have double straps which I've heard can be annoying with one strap flopping off. It is a great looking bag, so maybe it's worth it!

The prices sound reasonable... At least that is what I've noticed on ebay. The 200 range would be a great deal, whereas in the 300's it is more average selling price.

4. What is an MJ Drummed Satchel? I don't think I've heard of this style? Could you post a pic, please? :P

5. Fall 05's Chestnut Satchel (pic from Saks online)
    [​IMG]

Fall 05's True Red Satchel (pic from BG online)
    [​IMG]

ADINA and SATCHEL are regularly $1400 and $1195 respetively. They are heavily discounted at outlets now.

Fall 05's Adina (picture from Saks online)
    [​IMG]

6. Definitely the red. I almost got this when it was released. It's gorgeous.

7. Several members have these bags here, you can search the forum for additional pictures & feedbacks.