MJ Classic Hobo Bag at Bloomies - DO YOU HAVE IT?????????

piperlu

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
This bag is beautiful and I am tempted to order it. It indicates that the measurements are 18 x 14 x 2 1/2.

This bag seems like it is huge but I can't really see it from the pictures. If you have it, do you like it? Pros and cons of this bag would be helpful. I want to order it. I can get it for 40% off with the sale code.

Thanks.:yahoo:

thithi said:
I noticed the dimensions were huge too... I wonder what it looks like in IRL. Only black was available for that bag.

I tried it on IRL, it wasn't big at all. I'm only 5ft so I'm never used used to big bags. It's much more comfortable than the banana hobo with chain shoulder straps. It's one of those bags that look a lot....lot better on the shoulder than on display.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought there are 2 sizes to this Banana Hobo (like the Bowler), but I'm not exactly sure anymore. The dimension for hobo is always bigger than it seems because it's measured flat. Once you put stuffs in, it'll balance out.

Thanks thithi and bag.lover.

This one is the classic and the dimensions are large. Who knows if it's really that size because these online stores tend to get the sizes mixed up.

Not sure if I'm going to go for it or not. I really wanted that bowler. I don't want to buy this just to have gotten a good deal. I want to be able to use it.

Debbie, I thought you were asking about the Quilted (Banana) Hobo. Sorry for confusing you further. There are 2 sizes the this Classic Hobo too, I think Cheryl got the Small. =)

bag.lover said:
Debbie, I thought you were asking about the Quilted (Banana) Hobo. Sorry for confusing you further. There are 2 sizes the this Classic Hobo too, I think Cheryl got the Small. =)

Oh yes bag.lover, I think you may be right. When I get home (in about 1 1/2 hours), I'll measure it to be sure.

luvpurses24 said:
Oh yes bag.lover, I think you may be right. When I get home (in about 1 1/2 hours), I'll measure it to be sure.

I remember seeing 2 sizes in person (I'm petite so I'm always looking for the smallest version if available), but I can confuse it with other styles.

Didn't know you have 4 MJs already? Please post your list in the List Your MJ thread. =)

bag.lover said:
I remember seeing 2 sizes in person (I'm petite so I'm always looking for the smallest version if available), but I can confuse it with other styles.

Didn't know you have 4 MJs already? Please post your list in the List Your MJ thread. =)

Yes...it's been my "to do" list for a week now. I'm so behind on everything...sorry! I'll do it over the holiday weekend!:yes:

piperlu said:
This bag is beautiful and I am tempted to order it. It indicates that the measurements are 18 x 14 x 2 1/2.

This bag seems like it is huge but I can't really see it from the pictures. If you have it, do you like it? Pros and cons of this bag would be helpful. I want to order it. I can get it for 40% off with the sale code.

Just to follow up on my hobo - Bag.lover was right...I do own the smaller hobo. Mine measures at 14 inches across and just under 12 inches long. HTH!:smile:

luvpurses24 said:
Yes...it's been my "to do" list for a week now. I'm so behind on everything...sorry! I'll do it over the holiday weekend!:yes:

Cheryl, don't have to appologize. =)
Just list your items (can't wait to find out which bags you have), pictures can come later. I still owe everyone my MJ family portrait too. =)

Thanks for the update on the sizes of this hobo, I forget things from time to time -- see too many bags that I can't keep up. =)

piperlu said:

I think the size is just perfect and it would be a good everyday bag. Unfortunately, I called Bloomies and this item is out of order!:crybaby:

Anyone know where other online store is having a big sale? :graucho:

I saw this bag in large today and I must say it is indeed pretty big! And I tend to like big bags, I have the large Polina and for some reason the Classic hobo felt bigger! Maybe because there was tissue inside, but when I wore it, it felt too bulky under my arm.