MJ Chat Thread

Hello everyone!
I could use some help. So I've been wanting to add another Snapshot to my collection and while I was looking for a particular one, I was surprised to find it on the Saks Fifth Avenue website because it was released in 2020. Has anyone had any problems getting a fake from Saks? I've been reading horror stories about people getting fakes. I'm so worried since there are so many fake Snapshots out there. I might get one and I'll be doing international shipping so there's so much of a hassle if I have to return it! It makes me also wonder they still have designs from 3 years ago. Is this a red flag?
Appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thank you so much

I have purchased many mid-range priced bags from Saks both in store and online and have never had a problem. I am sure that the bags I bought/received were authentic.

I bought a jacket on sale once from Bloomingdale’s and quite sometime later I saw it on display at Saks as a new season/full price item. I have seen older stock being carried at Saks, especially online. When I was buying a lot of Marc Jacobs bags around 2016 I bought 3 at Saks. They still seem to carry a lot of Marc Jacobs.

The one thing that would give me pause is having this shipped internationally. I had a problem with shipping within the US once and it was quite a hassle getting my item. To be honest though this was at the height of COVID and I eventually got my item.

I have purchased many mid-range priced bags from Saks both in store and online and have never had a problem. I am sure that the bags I bought/received were authentic.

I bought a jacket on sale once from Bloomingdale’s and quite sometime later I saw it on display at Saks as a new season/full price item. I have seen older stock being carried at Saks, especially online. When I was buying a lot of Marc Jacobs bags around 2016 I bought 3 at Saks. They still seem to carry a lot of Marc Jacobs.

The one thing that would give me pause is having this shipped internationally. I had a problem with shipping within the US once and it was quite a hassle getting my item. To be honest though this was at the height of COVID and I eventually got my item.
Thank you for your response! I bought the bag but I took your advice and had it shipped to a US forwarding address that we have since the tax for shipping it to my country was about 100$! Crazy! I hope to not encounter any problems! Thank you for your help and advice, I really appreciate it!

Reactions: Mimmy
It seems Tiffany blue is all the rage- do you think MJ has joined in with the color pool just released?
View attachment 5780609
Here's a side-by-side comparing the Mini POOL (444) with a Tiffany pouch. In the promo photos, Pool appears Tiffany blue-- but at home, it's a slightly different color tone.

5Z7A6380.JPG

Last edited:
Just received my MJ Tote leather purse in color wolf grey. The purse itself is pretty heavy and when you put stuff in it obviously makes it even heavier. The shoulder strap is pretty thin and i can see that how its attached to the purse it might tear and break from the seam? Has anyone had any bad experience with the straps breaking from the purse?

Here's my new-to-me MBMJ. I love the circular plaque at the side. The leather is so soft and supple, very lightweight, maybe one of my favorite leathers in my collection now. Not sure what this style was called. It is slouchier than I was expecting so I think I'll mostly wear it as an arm bag instead of shoulder/crossbody (it did come with a long strap). The zip pocket at the front perfectly fits my passport so it'll definitely be a contender for traveling. It is a very deep bag and holds a lot more than you might think at first glance. Also, this is (hopefully) going to be the last black bag I buy, I've got too many at this point. Only would buy another if it were for an event, like a fancy WOC or clutch, because most of my bags now are pretty casual-looking. But definitely won't be my last MJ bag!

View attachment 5593778

View attachment 5593779
I have the Cube crossbody bag from this MBMJ collection (in black)… the leather is so soft, yet hardwearing!

Hi!! Does anybody knows, limited edtions Tote Bag (canvas) comes with dust bag??? Because I know that regular Tote (cloth) has no dust bags.
I found The Cake bag on sale online in my country, it used, but photo made with MJ dust bag (but maybe it just dust bag from another bag in this girl's collection)