MJ Chat Thread

Elaine,
I haven't had time to read what's been going on lately, but I briefly saw you know a plan now and are dealing with it. You are in my thoughts even though I haven't kept up with details. ;)
I just wanted you to know that.

ugh Monday.

Unrelated to the Mondays, I found out that a friend of mine is pregnant!! First one of my good friends. What sort of present should I get her? At first I was looking at baby/diaper bags but the Kate Spade ones that I think are cute no longer come with removable nylon linings.

I'm fine. Work/school has just been keeping me busy. Are you okay? I saw what Nas posted above, but I don't remember hearing anything about a problem (I haven't checked the thread in weeks though).

I've just been diagnosed with a severe case of Rheumatoid Arthritis, after months of being sick with they-didn't-know-what. So it's sort of a good news/bad news situation. At least there are treatments available. I have a terrific rheumatologist; she's the one who made the diagnosis. I see my internist today (also a woman… doncha love it?) to find out when I start IV infusions, and I'm also (at least for a while) going to be on an oral medication. They're hitting this with everything they've got… I say, "Bring it on!" :biggrin:

Elaine,
I haven't had time to read what's been going on lately, but I briefly saw you know a plan now and are dealing with it. You are in my thoughts even though I haven't kept up with details. ;)
I just wanted you to know that.

Thank you, nascar… that means a lot. I just sent you a PM with a few details, but they will keep. No rush to read it if you're up to your eyeballs!

Sorry to hear about that, glad you are in good hands and will be starting treatment ASAP.
Thank you, Eru! It is a big relief to finally have a diagnosis, but it will be an even bigger relief when the treatment starts. "They" tell me that I'll start feeling much better after the first few infusions… can't wait!

ugh Monday.

Unrelated to the Mondays, I found out that a friend of mine is pregnant!! First one of my good friends. What sort of present should I get her? At first I was looking at baby/diaper bags but the Kate Spade ones that I think are cute no longer come with removable nylon linings.
Congrats on your friend's pregnancy! All my friends are well past childbearing years… back in the day, my favorite gift was either a little set of Beatrix Potter books (maybe 4 of them, wrapped together… the original hardback mini-sized ones published in England) or, for a special friend, the Wedgewood Peter Rabbit 3-piece nursery set. Probably not very practical, but too sweet for words. It's still available, but only on eBay. For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pc-WEDGEW...SERY-SET-Mug-Plate-Oatmeal-Bowl-/141183833657

Or I'd knit a crib blanket, with the hope that it would become a cherished "blankie." But this was the 1970s, when women were somehow supposed to do everything: work, cook, clean, raise families, and make little macramé plant holders :lol: (no, I never did that!).

BTW, Pottery Barn sells a much more practical Melamine Peter Rabbit set for a lot less money. But it's just. not. the. same. :P

Congrats on your friend's pregnancy! All my friends are well past childbearing years… back in the day, my favorite gift was either a little set of Beatrix Potter books (maybe 4 of them, wrapped together… the original hardback mini-sized ones published in England) or, for a special friend, the Wedgewood Peter Rabbit 3-piece nursery set. Probably not very practical, but too sweet for words. It's still available, but only on eBay. For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pc-WEDGEW...SERY-SET-Mug-Plate-Oatmeal-Bowl-/141183833657

Or I'd knit a crib blanket, with the hope that it would become a cherished "blankie." But this was the 1970s, when women were somehow supposed to do everything: work, cook, clean, raise families, and make little macramé plant holders :lol: (no, I never did that!).

BTW, Pottery Barn sells a much more practical Melamine Peter Rabbit set for a lot less money. But it's just. not. the. same. :P

I received and used that exact Peter Rabbit nursery set when I was an infant 30-some odd years ago! I still have the cup and plate, the bowl was smashed. Brings back memories...
Thanks for the walk down memory lane ;)

I've just been diagnosed with a severe case of Rheumatoid Arthritis, after months of being sick with they-didn't-know-what. So it's sort of a good news/bad news situation. At least there are treatments available. I have a terrific rheumatologist; she's the one who made the diagnosis. I see my internist today (also a woman… doncha love it?) to find out when I start IV infusions, and I'm also (at least for a while) going to be on an oral medication. They're hitting this with everything they've got… I say, "Bring it on!" :biggrin:

I'm so sorry. My mom had juvenile RA since she was 12 so it had gotten pretty bad. I understand what you are going through. She never had injections though…at least not that I know of, but maybe it was because it had progressed so far along (and when she was 12 things weren't as advanced). She was always very paranoid about me or my sister developing it. I'm glad you are getting a lot of good help. Let me know if you need anything!

I'm so sorry. My mom had juvenile RA since she was 12 so it had gotten pretty bad. I understand what you are going through. She never had injections though…at least not that I know of, but maybe it was because it had progressed so far along (and when she was 12 things weren't as advanced). She was always very paranoid about me or my sister developing it. I'm glad you are getting a lot of good help. Let me know if you need anything!
Your moral support is exactly what I need right now… thank you. I just came back from my internist's office (an hour) and then the pharmacy (another hour) and my, oh my, I'm TIRED! It's so nice to sit in my comfy chair and relax with tPF.
I think when your Mom was diagnosed with RA they didn't have infusions. In fact, "back in the day" they really didn't have much. I'm so sorry… she must have really suffered. Now they have oral meds, injections (my friend does these… she gives them to herself… yikes!), and infusions, where they set up an IV line in a vein (usually in the arm) and let the medicine drip in for a couple of hours (that's what I'm going to have). I don't mind the thought of infusions… I had them when I had chemotherapy, so I know what to expect, and these are going to be easier. I'll bring a book to read, and good music on my iPhone, wear comfy clothes, and just relax. I think my project tomorrow will be to create a 2-hour "healing" playlist. Nothing too loud or jarring, but it still has to be interesting music. It will be a fun challenge!