MJ Chat Thread

A mini-reveal… my MJ Lex wallet arrived from Gilt this afternoon. And (wonder of wonders!) they sent the correct color! :biggrin:

I just adore the richness of the leather and the feel of the quilting. When The Hubster saw the shining brass plate on the front, he said "Wow! You'll need sunglasses whenever you take your wallet out of your bag!" :P

Tonight I'll have the fun of transferring over all my credit cards & cash, getting everything all "tucked away." That's always such a treat with a new wallet!

Okay… here's the reveal:

Beautiful wallet! The color is gorgeous, congratulations. And Gilt sent the right color! *happy dance*

A mini-reveal… my MJ Lex wallet arrived from Gilt this afternoon. And (wonder of wonders!) they sent the correct color! :biggrin:

I just adore the richness of the leather and the feel of the quilting. When The Hubster saw the shining brass plate on the front, he said "Wow! You'll need sunglasses whenever you take your wallet out of your bag!" :P

Tonight I'll have the fun of transferring over all my credit cards & cash, getting everything all "tucked away." That's always such a treat with a new wallet!

Okay… here's the reveal:

Congrats :heart:

Anyone know if patent leather can be fixed? My fav nude patent jimmy choo pumps have two huge divots.. I don't actually remember getting divots but I just pulled them out for the first time since October 😢 and the left heel looks so bad

Anyone know if patent leather can be fixed? My fav nude patent jimmy choo pumps have two huge divots.. I don't actually remember getting divots but I just pulled them out for the first time since October 😢 and the left heel looks so bad
I tend to think it can't be fixed, but I don't know.
I am picturing gashes. Is that what it is? Like you kicked something and make an indent in the patent?

I am picturing gashes. Is that what it is? Like you kicked something and make an indent in the patent?
And if that's the case, who are you kicking with your Jimmy Choos… and why??? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

Seriously… so sorry about this. It's got to be soooo frustrating! Were they new shoes? If the divots are dents, rather than actual gashes all the way through the leather, maybe a good cobbler can re-stretch them so they don't show as much?

Gashes 😱 they aren't huge.. Ones bigger than the other and both are on the back of the heel. The patent is kinda.. Like smooshed up.. I'll have to take a picture when I get back home again. I'm going to cry..

And if that's the case, who are you kicking with your Jimmy Choos… and why??? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

Seriously… so sorry about this. It's got to be soooo frustrating! Were they new shoes? If the divots are dents, rather than actual gashes all the way through the leather, maybe a good cobbler can re-stretch them so they don't show as much?

Hahaha I wish I knew! I don't remember doing anything to them. I only wore then three times.. Bought them for a wedding this summer. I'm going to cry..

Gashes 😱 they aren't huge.. Ones bigger than the other and both are on the back of the heel. The patent is kinda.. Like smooshed up.. I'll have to take a picture when I get back home again. I'm going to cry..

Hahaha I wish I knew! I don't remember doing anything to them. I only wore then three times.. Bought them for a wedding this summer. I'm going to cry..
Smooshed up is better than totally caved in. Don't cry! I bet something can be done to make them look better. ;)

I just Had to get the resort cardigan that goes with my new shoes. :\
I know. I am the world's worst about matchy-matchy. I will be wearing with a black pencil skirt that I am having altered. Remember my MJ SA Jaclyn? She is at L'Agence now. She sent the prettiest skirt, but it has a slit sky high. It would be a beautiful evening date-night skirt, but I need to turn it into a work skirt.
The cardigan has black trim, and the shoes, of course, have black.
The scarf is mbmj. I'm not totally wild about it. It is 100% cotton and feels like 100% paper. I will try to soften it up. It does not hold a candle to the MJ scarves. I am a scarf snob, though.

Speaking of scarves, Elaine, did your new one come in yet?

PS: Will be wearing with Miu Miu bow bag - for now. You can probably guess what is in my sights. (hint: more matchy-matchy)

Attachments

• 20140208_205248.jpg
    20140208_205248.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 271
I just Had to get the resort cardigan that goes with my new shoes. :\
I know. I am the world's worst about matchy-matchy. I will be wearing with a black pencil skirt that I am having altered. Remember my MJ SA Jaclyn? She is at L'Agence now. She sent the prettiest skirt, but it has a slit sky high. It would be a beautiful evening date-night skirt, but I need to turn it into a work skirt.
The cardigan has black trim, and the shoes, of course, have black.
The scarf is mbmj. I'm not totally wild about it. It is 100% cotton and feels like 100% paper. I will try to soften it up. It does not hold a candle to the MJ scarves. I am a scarf snob, though.

Speaking of scarves, Elaine, did your new one come in yet?

PS: Will be wearing with Miu Miu bow bag - for now. You can probably guess what is in my sights. (hint: more matchy-matchy)
I think the jacket is going to look smashing with a black skirt & those shoes! (And the new bag, I just knew you couldn't resist it, LOL!)

Interesting about the cotton gingham scarf. I was THIS close to buying it at Gilt, on sale. I left the computer for no more than THREE MINUTES to move clothes from the washer to the dryer, and when I came back, they had sold the last one. I couldn't believe it! But now you're making me feel better. I'll bet you can soften it, though. Either hand wash or the most delicate cycle in your machine, with plenty of fabric softener, and then run it through the dryer. Don't hang dry… it will just turn into paper again! (But you already knew that, didn't you :P)

Yes, my gorgeous, luxurious squiggle scarf arrived, and on Monday another little treat is coming to keep it company. Shhhh… I'm not telling until I post a model pic. Hint: it's also by MJ, and it's not a scarf. Wait and see! :lol:

I've been on a bit of a "retail therapy" binge since I got my medical diagnosis. Eventually, I suppose I'll have to stop, considering I'm going to have RA for the rest of my life, and I can't quite see shopping at this level forever, but right now I'm in the "I'm really sick & I deserve it" mindset. Thursday is my Big Day at Nordstrom. The Personal Shopper & I have been exchanging daily emails, and I keep adding to my "oh, by the way…" list. By the time I arrive, the fitting room she's set aside will be about ready to explode! :biggrin:

I think the jacket is going to look smashing with a black skirt & those shoes! (And the new bag, I just knew you couldn't resist it, LOL!)

Interesting about the cotton gingham scarf. I was THIS close to buying it at Gilt, on sale. I left the computer for no more than THREE MINUTES to move clothes from the washer to the dryer, and when I came back, they had sold the last one. I couldn't believe it! But now you're making me feel better. I'll bet you can soften it, though. Either hand wash or the most delicate cycle in your machine, with plenty of fabric softener, and then run it through the dryer. Don't hang dry… it will just turn into paper again! (But you already knew that, didn't you :P)

Yes, my gorgeous, luxurious squiggle scarf arrived, and on Monday another little treat is coming to keep it company. Shhhh… I'm not telling until I post a model pic. Hint: it's also by MJ, and it's not a scarf. Wait and see! :lol:

I've been on a bit of a "retail therapy" binge since I got my medical diagnosis. Eventually, I suppose I'll have to stop, considering I'm going to have RA for the rest of my life, and I can't quite see shopping at this level forever, but right now I'm in the "I'm really sick & I deserve it" mindset. Thursday is my Big Day at Nordstrom. The Personal Shopper & I have been exchanging daily emails, and I keep adding to my "oh, by the way…" list. By the time I arrive, the fitting room she's set aside will be about ready to explode! :biggrin:
i will write more later, but i got the scarf from yoox. ;)