MJ Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, ladies! Just wanted to say a quick hi.

PM, so sorry to hear that you and babymonkey aren't feeling well. 103 is such a high fever! :sad: Hopefully you two will be able to get lots of rest today.

I know what you mean, tad. I like watching the figure skating, snowboarding, skiing, etc. but curling just doesn't do it for me. I haven't been keeping up with the wins/losses. :amuse:

i love that you're so into the olympics. every time i turn on the tv, it's curling. i don't want to watch that. how is everyone taking the hockey loss? did you see any tears shed firsthand?

Why did you have to mention the H word? :cry:
I was screaming at the TV the whole time. I think our goalie was drunk.
Or maybe they thought that the point of the game was to let the opposing team win. I don't know. I'm going to pretend it never happened and stay in my happy place.

As for curling, I actually never used to like it either, but then my friend explained the game to me, and now I totally think it's fascinating. Mind you, this doesn't mean I'll drop everything to catch a tournament, but it does mean I will catch it if I have time.

@spacey, that sucks, but like tad says, you dropping dollas. Think of the bags that require you to work to afford them!

@BOM, my boss likes to tell me I'm not working even when I am! (although I admit sometimes Im' not...like this very second...)

Why did you have to mention the H word? :cry:
I was screaming at the TV the whole time. I think our goalie was drunk.
Or maybe they thought that the point of the game was to let the opposing team win. I don't know. I'm going to pretend it never happened and stay in my happy place.

As for curling, I actually never used to like it either, but then my friend explained the game to me, and now I totally think it's fascinating. Mind you, this doesn't mean I'll drop everything to catch a tournament, but it does mean I will catch it if I have time.

@spacey, that sucks, but like tad says, you dropping dollas. Think of the bags that require you to work to afford them!

@BOM, my boss likes to tell me I'm not working even when I am! (although I admit sometimes Im' not...like this very second...)

don't lie. it's nothing to be ashamed of.

bom, where have you been?! it's been the only news headline that managed to eclipse the boring tiger woods apology.

why would you want to?! i would reward my kid for being so awesome! like his mom! i can't punish him for something i would say. that would be hypocritical of me.

hi!

sorry the monkey household is not feeling well!! hope you both bounce back real soon!

i haven't followed any of the olympics this year. :weird: :shame:

coookie crisp cereal! i remember their commercials growing up. my begged my mom to buy that cereal. she relented, but only once. LOL

SCO - good luck on the job!

the LV monogram tool is cool, but i don't have a middle name. boo!

Last edited:
Bummer, Space. Hope you make crazy commissions today to make up for it!

That note is hilarious. You'd be amazed at what fairly innocent things DS has gotten in trouble for, things that made me laugh when I was told about them. If I'm 34 and cracking up, how can I expect an 8 year old not to giggle or joke about them?

My mom never once bought us Cookie Crisp or any sugary cereals. I was the kid with the sack lunch every day with things like pitas w/ hummus and sprouts in them:amuse:

And I have zero interest in the Olympics. Ever. Just not my thing:nogood: DS and DH enjoy watching, though!

For those of you who pray, please do, and for those who don't, please hum along...my BFF just called and they're running tests on her DH this week to determine whether he has lymphoma. He's on a drug for Crohn's Disease that increases your odds of getting lymphoma (but it's the only thing that's given him any relief - he also doesn't have a colon anymore so he's got a lot working against him) and he's having all the classic symptoms. There's also a chance it could "just" be mono/a mono-like virus, so obviously that's the scenario we want. Scary stuff:shucks:

Status
Not open for further replies.