MJ Black Baby Stam or Mary???

msohm

O.G.
Jun 8, 2008
Hey ladies,

Help!

I can't decide which MJ bag I want! It'll be my first MJ bag!

I saw the Baby Stam (without the handles) at MJ recently and thought it was the perfect size for me! But it only came in fuchsia and indigo. I know past seasons have had black. I'm looking for the one with handles and quilted. Any suggestions at where to find it?

But the more I look at the Mary, the more I like it. The Baby Stam is very typical me, and I might wanna do something different this time.

Thanks!!

the baby stam with the handles is called the kid. it wasn't released this season. i'm not sure if it's coming back or not, but it may. i remember it being available in dijon, plum, and a gold regular calfskin version that was only exclusive to elux. you might be able to find one on ebay.

the mary is very cute too and a little bit bigger. i prefer the little stam personally, but the mary is a great alternative if you don't ever find the kid.

If I had to choose between the Kid and the Mary I would choose the Mary.The Kid looks too stocky in my opinion. If you like a stam like bag I would go for the little stam or the regular stam.

My husband wants me to get The Kid. I'm pretty petite and he thinks The Kid to me would be the Stam to everyone else. He goes on about how the Stam is probably the iconic Marc Jacobs bag.

Perhaps I can get the Mary now until The Kid in black surfaces again =P!

Still debating though! Thanks for the suggestions so far!

P.S. I actually called the MJ in Chicago and she got my hopes up! The comp told her there was one in a warehouse, but only to find that it was a glitch! She informed me that the Little Stam (without handles) comes in fuchsia, indigo, a green, a beige, and others if anyone wanted to know! I was at MJ in Vegas this past week and the SA showed me there was 10 fuchsia and 19 indigo left in the company.