Mixing strap and bag hardware?

bagnut1

Perfect is the enemy of awesome
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Any opinions on this? I typically want my strap and bag to match hardware (but I will mix my jewelry up without any hesitation).

Basically I almost always want to use a cross-body strap on my bags, and most of my H bags that came with shorter shoulder straps have gold hardware, so my longer extra straps are GHW too. I just purchased a pre-loved bag, and a strap I recently bought from H would look great with it, but it's GHW vs. the incoming bag with PHW. I could just buy the same strap with PHW but that seems a bit nuts.

If it makes any difference, the bag in question is a Bolide, so the hardware on the strap will be somewhat "hidden" behind the handles rather than completely exposed like on a K.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Lejic
Any opinions on this? I typically want my strap and bag to match hardware (but I will mix my jewelry up without any hesitation).

Basically I almost always want to use a cross-body strap on my bags, and most of my H bags that came with shorter shoulder straps have gold hardware, so my longer extra straps are GHW too. I just purchased a pre-loved bag, and a strap I recently bought from H would look great with it, but it's GHW vs. the incoming bag with PHW. I could just buy the same strap with PHW but that seems a bit nuts.

If it makes any difference, the bag in question is a Bolide, so the hardware on the strap will be somewhat "hidden" behind the handles rather than completely exposed like on a K.

Thoughts?

I’d try it. See if it works for you. You can always add a different strap later on, if you feel the need to....

I have 2 Bolides with ghw, and have to use 'spare' straps with my RH Box version because I bought it pre-loved without any strap.

Phw on a ghw Bolide doesn't announce itself too much, however, ghw on a phw might IMO (I have a Bolide with phw too).

Reactions: golconda
Always was a "can never mix anything kind of girl- and I only want PHW"
Well, found my vintage PP Kelly ( which has GHW) and love it. Needed a wider strap, and spent a year chasing down the Harnachemant in swift/barenia/butler. We find it, and get it with GHW of course, to match Ms. Piggy.
Suffice it to say, I go on to find a BF Kelly ( great slouch!) with, of course because its my fav, PHW. The strap looks as though it was made for it, and, I just went with it, and love it. SM actually took a px and sent it to Paris under the guise of "They love to see how things are mixed and matched"
Who knew??

• Love
Reactions: 880
Always was a "can never mix anything kind of girl- and I only want PHW"
Well, found my vintage PP Kelly ( which has GHW) and love it. Needed a wider strap, and spent a year chasing down the Harnachemant in swift/barenia/butler. We find it, and get it with GHW of course, to match Ms. Piggy.
Suffice it to say, I go on to find a BF Kelly ( great slouch!) with, of course because its my fav, PHW. The strap looks as though it was made for it, and, I just went with it, and love it. SM actually took a px and sent it to Paris under the guise of "They love to see how things are mixed and matched"
Who knew??
Ooooh that sounds amazing - would love to see photo if you can share!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and nymeria