Mixing shampoo/conditioner from the same brand?

Pinkpuff09

Sep 15, 2009
Does anyone do this? I have dyed tips but I want more volume overall, so I'm thinking of buying Pureology Volume shampoo and Pureology Anti-fade Complex Hydrate conditioner. Do those combinations usually work effectively or is it better to stick to the same types of product (e.g, Pureology Volume shampoo and conditioner)?

niccig

Jun 18, 2008
Lexington, KY
I use Pureology Volume shampoo with their Essential Repair conditioner, and it's working really well. I only use the conditioner 1-2x a week because I have super-fine hair and using conditioner too often weighs it down. I have noticed more volume since I started using the shampoo. Disclaimer, I haven't tried using the Volume conditioner, so I can't compare using mixed products to using the same product line.

ByeKitty

Literally amazing!
May 8, 2010
Europe
When I've just bought something new I usually stick to that "kind" to see what it does for my hair for a couple of times, but when I'm not in that phase I use lots of different types (even different brands) together and it's all fine!

tortoiseperson

ReMember
Jul 16, 2010
London-ish
My scalp and my hair have different needs so I'm quite happy to mix and match. Generally I pay more for my conditioner because I have long hair whose ends tend towards dryness, and a sensitive scalp which comes out in patches of eczema if it gets upset. So, mild but thoroughly cleansing sulphate shampoo, and rich conditioner from the ears downwards.