Mixing Patterns?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I know this is a personal decision, but I am looking for some advice. I currently have a Neverfull MM in monogram and am looking at getting a Keepall 55. I have been eyeing it in Damier Ebene. I was wondering if that would be odd to carry the two with the different patterns at the same time?

2. I don't think it would look odd, but I think coordinating is nice too! Keep in mind I'm a guy, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but when I travel I usually take my Keepall 55 in Monogram Eclipse and I also usually use my Porte Documents Voyage PM in Damier Graphite. These are two different prints but they coordinate well together because they have the same leather trim (black) and same overall color scheme (black and grey).

So overall, if you like it, buy it. If you're thinking about getting a Monogram Keepall, don't, unless you don't travel often or you don't care about the vachetta trim.

Addicted to bags likes this.
  3. I think it's fine. Go with what you like and makes you happy. :biggrin:

4. not at all. It's not odd at all. I personally look at each piece as different and go with the print that I think fits that piece. Some people are matchy and matchy and some are not..

amandacasey likes this.
  5. I specifically chose Keepall's in Mono Eclipse so that my bags wouldn't match my traditional mono pieces and because it's much more "under the radar" than the traditional mono. I'm not a match-matchy person usually. I'm now eyeing a Speedy 35 DE to add to my work/travel bag collection and want the DE partially because it's not monogram. I don't love the "head to toe" branded look. Even more so when it comes to travel gear.

But everyone is different so buy what you love and don't worry about it!

6. I'm surprised that this is even a consideration. Not criticizing but I never even thought of it. Do you want to be that matchy-matchy?

7. I feel like most people who travel don’t put much effort in being matching. As long the bags fit their stuff and comfortable onto their destinations is what they really care about!

if you want to be matching with their other bags, perhaps match with a monogram duffel bag. Ebene is okay to go with a monogram bag.

8. I never match when I travel. Longchamp tote (in a loud, floral pattern) + Samsonite roller suitcase.
    Other examples of not matching: LV Monogram Trouville as personal item + Longchamp tote as carry on. Or, I've also done a Monogram Noe with a Dior vintage monogram duffle bag. I just can't be bothered to buy luggage pieces that match whatever bag I'm wearing. I'd need a luggage piece in Damier Ebene, Damier Azur, Monogram, Reverse....

I'd be less likely to notice someone not carrying matching bags vs. someone being matchy matchy. Nothing wrong with either.
    So, you're OK. Do whatever makes you happy :smile:

Abba13 likes this.