Mixing Metals

coleigh

Laugh and live....
O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
I'm just wondering......Do you mix GHW charms with PHW bags or PHW charms with GHW bags? I have a Kelly on the way with GHW, and I would love to have the ladybug charm for it. I don't feel comfortable mixing the metals. Any feedback or photos of mixed metals would be helpful. :idea:

I have never mixed the metals on a bag. However, I could see that on a Bolide it could be easier to do than Kelly/Birkin. Unless they come up with a 2 tone cadena, I don't really see it.

I am hopelessly old school and feel like something is completely wrong if I mix metals. I'm so OCD that all my jewelery, belt, shoe and hand bag metals have to match. Doh!

I am hopelessly old school and feel like something is completely wrong if I mix metals. I'm so OCD that all my jewelery, belt, shoe and hand bag metals have to match. Doh!

You're no alone in that. Many feel that way:smile: I side stepped that issue a long time ago by wearing 2 tone jewelry all the time. Wedding band, watch.

For the most part, I'm like you, but I wanted to look at the idea from a different perspective. :thinking:

I don't mix cadenas metal but I do put the cute charms (with only silver metal available) on my gold hardware bags. I think it gives a more casual look and the focus is on the leather charm itself. I would not do an all silver charm on a gold bag tho.

I dont mix metals with the cadenas or locks BUT I know which ladybug charm you are referring to and its only the chain that is silver. I think it looks ok since the focus is on the ladybug.

Here is a charm on a bag with gold HW.
ry%3D400

^I agree, that looks fine to me. If it was a palladium Cadena, on the other hand, it would be more of a clash.

I usually try not to mix metals, but if for some reason I can't, I don't stress myself out over it. So, I just go on and wear the gold earrings with the silver rings...lol.

I, too, am unable to mix metals comfortably. I occasionally wear two-toned jewelry which makes me feel comfortable in carrying bags of both hardware colors...but combining colors on the bag itself is more than I can embrace. I'm a bit of a "dinosaur" in that regard. :heart: