Mixing Metals

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Do you guys think it's weird to carry a BE with silver hardware if you mainly wear gold jewelry???:confused1:

2. no, I think thats totally fine

3. No, absolutely not!

I prefer silver hardware and wear silver jewelry, but, my sunglasses have notable gold accents. I wanted silver accents but this style didn't come with silver accents. I used to wear a watch with mixed metals...stainless with yellow gold, which addressed this mixed metal concern nicely, although I no longer wear it.

Wear what you want and enjoy!!!

4. I'm a great one for mixing. The Europeans mix things up a lot too. I even mix silver and gold -- a silver Tiffany tank watch with black strap, with a gold Pomellato ring. Looks tres cool.

5. I agree...mix away!

6. I think it is fine to mix. I usually wear silver jewelry and right now I am carrying my LMM in chocolate with gold hardware. I think it is fine. I don't think the hardware on your bag has to match your other metals.

7. Sometimes I think it looks weird if I'm wearing big, statement earrings and the bag I am carrying has lots of hardware, so the difference is obvious.

8. I think it's fine! There's this bracelet on etsy I'm thinking of buying that is mixed: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9799151

I have different hardware bags although I usually lean towards silver since I'm cool toned and usually always wear silver jewelry.

9. I think mixing is totally fine.

10. Mixing metals is good! You don't want to look too...well, matched. (Remember when you had to have your handbag match your shoes?) ;)

11. Whew! :sweatdrop: Thanks guys!:flowers:

12. Think of the classic Rolex. Mixed metals. It's a good thing!