Mixing Hardware

I don't like mixing metals. My wedding set is white gold and I wear a stainless steel watch daily. All of my jewelry is white gold or sterling. I look for shoes/belts/bags with silvertone hardware. That said, my life wouldn't have been complete without an LV in monogram print, so I made a little exception for LV....rules are made to be broken!

I always want to but I always chicken out last minute!
95% of my bags have gold hardware but I have tiffanys & swarovskis in silver that I love :sad:

I only use silvers when I have very small amounts of metal on the bag (Speedy, Longchamp le pliage, Luco)

But for the more metal-prominent bags I just only use gold jewelry! (MK Hamilton, Delightful, Eva...)

All of my jewelry is silver, I dislike gold jewelry. I usually don't worry about it matching the hardware on my bags. I just wear and carry what I like and what I'm in the mood for. So I've mainly gotten over the non-matchy thing. The only exception I would make is if I were attending a very formal/black tie event.

im using my de speedy today and wearing silver jewellery. i only really care if im using say my rm mini mac w a gold chain- then i wear gold jewels. plus im at work so my bag sadly spends the day in my drawer anyways.

I think it looks nicer to match but this always isn't a possibility for everyone so everything goes I suppose. I plan on purchasing a yellow gold/white gold combo watch someday for this reason.

I've been looking for the perfect charm to go on my Alma bb in noir magnetique but I have a dilemma. There are a ton that I love but the majority of bag charms have golden hardware or a few with silver hardware and none with the gunmetal hardware similar to the noir. Do you think it is a bad idea to mix hardware? Any suggestions what you think may look nice on my bb?

Thanks for the help!

I think with the noir magnetique it's easier to mix hardware since the gunmetal is hard to match and more subtle. Maybe a Tapage charm- that already has mixed metals would look nice? Or a charm that's more colorful and less heavy on the hardware color like the Naïf charm.

I would go to the store and try a few on! The SAs normally have good suggestions!

i think with the noir magnetique it's easier to mix hardware since the gunmetal is hard to match and more subtle. Maybe a tapage charm- that already has mixed metals would look nice? Or a charm that's more colorful and less heavy on the hardware color like the naïf charm.

I would go to the store and try a few on! The sas normally have good suggestions!

+1

I think with the noir magnetique it's easier to mix hardware since the gunmetal is hard to match and more subtle. Maybe a Tapage charm- that already has mixed metals would look nice? Or a charm that's more colorful and less heavy on the hardware color like the Naïf charm.

I would go to the store and try a few on! The SAs normally have good suggestions!
Yes, I thought about the tapage, but I'm afraid it might be too heavy for my bb. I like the suggestion of going for something with color! Thanks!