Mixing brands just not done?

Bradysmum

Carter and Evan too!
I have a coach wristlet that I love, for personal reasons and because I like the look of it. I was carrying it in my speedy 30 a month and a half ago when Iwas away on a trip to New York. I was looking in LV and was pulling out my blackberry (it's home is in the wristlet) and an SA said "You carry coach with LV? Really?" and looked at me really strangely.

Then a customer said a couple of minutes later to the SA "I wouldn't be caught dead putting that inferior product in my Louis."

Am I really rare? I mean, I put my $0.99 lip balm in it too. Is that wrong?

mzedith

RMBR SKY
O.G.
Nov 9, 2008
Finding my New Normal
www.facebook.com
I have a coach wristlet that I love, for personal reasons and because I like the look of it. I was carrying it in my speedy 30 a month and a half ago when Iwas away on a trip to New York. I was looking in LV and was pulling out my blackberry (it's home is in the wristlet) and an SA said "You carry coach with LV? Really?" and looked at me really strangely.

Then a customer said a couple of minutes later to the SA "I wouldn't be caught dead putting that inferior product in my Louis."

Am I really rare? I mean, I put my $0.99 lip balm in it too. Is that wrong?
IMO??? those comments were rude. and the customer's comment.. what ever they say behind your back and can't hear, no big deal. but within ear shot? that is messed up.

i don't spend a lot of money on what i put on the inside of any of my LV's or Fendi's. i use an old beat up brighton wallet. very functional. then to protect the inside of my bag i use a GWP cosmetic case that is leak proof. of course i would like to have a "functional" LV or other high end designer wallet , but i rather use that $750 on another bag.
i do have a mono pouchette which i do like and that's it..
maybe someday if i stumble upon a nice good used LV or other high end designer wallet that is "functional" like my brighton , maybe i would buy it. but not because its valued higher, because i like it..
that said.. i like my old brighton wallet.. even though i don't like the company Brighton. (long story) :P

claudis_candy

I <3 Bags~Make up~Cats
Mar 5, 2009
Poland
haha! OMG! Its the funniest thing which I have ever heard! Im in school so thank u for keep me in better humor! :biggrin:

Mar 14, 2006
If you like it, wear it. They sound like elitist idiots, IMO. I have a coach wristlet I carry my extra cards in. It goes in my LV, longchamp, bals--any bag

That customer sounds simply crass.

camommyof3

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Those comments are rude. I buy and use accessories because I like them, not because of their brand name.

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
A sunny, happy place!
You can carry anything you like, branded or not. It is a matter of personal choice and you do not need to justify your action to anyone. Just ignore those comments. I think they are rude and uncalled for.

kburns2000

Go Big Or Go Home
Feb 24, 2009
USA
Wow, that was really really rude of them to say that!!! Comments like that are very telling about the people who say them! Put whatever the heck you want inside your bag.