Mixing brands for e-ring and wedding band

Scandibabe

Scandibabe
O.G.
Nov 29, 2012
Dear friends,
I am from Scandinavia and here there is not a very common tradition to give the bride to be an engagement ring and especially with a huge diamond. But after living for a while in Boston I am just in love with the look of a beautiful diamond e-ring stacked with a wedding band.
To make to long story short, I and my DH are going to celebrate this month our 15th anniversary. We are traveling to London in Easter and after some forth and back I am definitely buying (for my own money) the e-ring. I have found out that I will go for the Tiffany either soleste cushion or Novo cushion, picture of both enclosed. However, my wedding band is by another brand (Cartier), I’ve enclosed the picture too. Do you think it is a bad taste to mix the brands or will the Tiffany’s SA give me an ugly look if they see another jeweller’s wedding band? Or it is nothing to be worried about? I’ve made inquiries in Cartier London, they were super nice but the price for a ring I want (kinda halo e-ring) is out of my budget. I can only spend £10.000 (+/-), but their ring is above £15.000. According to Tiffany’s UK website the soleste and Novo cushion can come with different centre diamond size and are priced accordingly.

If someone here knows about other jewellery stores worth visiting in London, please chime in.
Thank you all in advance [emoji4]

IMG_1516124971.046275.jpgIMG_1516124982.632001.jpgIMG_1516125018.747203.jpg

Hello, hope you loved Boston!

Tons of people mix & match brands and non brands. I doubt you’d have any issue. Wear what you love!

I have the Tiffany Novo band to pair with my custom non Tiffany engagement ring.

Most people I encounter in real life have mis-matched sets so to speak.

Good luck finding your beautiful new ring!

The SAs won't care at all. I've been in wearing cheap costume jewellery and have never been treated any differently and I don't spend much there at all.

If you are also after opinions I'm in love with the soleste!

Just wanted to update, and thank you all for your awesome advices and comments[emoji4]
I’ve just visited Tiffany in London, old Bond Street and thanks to an amazing SA, I am now the owner of the novo cushion (0,92 ct and G/VS1) and soleste band (diamonds half way). Enclosed also the pic of mixing with my old Cartier band [emoji4] Thanks for letting me share[emoji4]

IMG_1520427374.594969.jpgIMG_1520427394.798773.jpg
IMG_1520427411.812226.jpg
IMG_1520427424.463093.jpg

Just wanted to update, and thank you all for your awesome advices and comments[emoji4]
I’ve just visited Tiffany in London, old Bond Street and thanks to an amazing SA, I am now the owner of the novo cushion (0,92 ct and G/VS1) and soleste band (diamonds half way). Enclosed also the pic of mixing with my old Cartier band [emoji4] Thanks for letting me share[emoji4]

View attachment 3992125View attachment 3992127
View attachment 3992128
View attachment 3992129

Wow! So pretty on you!

View attachment 3992125View attachment 3992127
View attachment 3992128
View attachment 3992129

Happy 15th anniversary to you and you hubby!!! I love your set stacked with your original Cartier wedding band, and to answer your original question it is totally ok to mix and match different brands, even different metals!

It’s all about personal preference and whatever makes you happy. The SA’s probably won’t think anything of it, but even if they did they have no business to judge you on using different brands.

I think your 3 set is fantastic and timeless. Congratulations and enjoy in great health dear! [emoji173]️